Chapter 1

"Your going down you evil bear!"

"Not if I can help it you big bad wolf!"

A little white wolf puppy squeaked trying to sound intimidating to her golden tawny furred sister who was playing the bear.

"Come on Maple! lets get her!" The white pup squealed at a pale red pelted smaller pup beside her as the two pups charged at Moth, the pup who was playing the bear.

The two pups leapt onto the tawny golden pup causing her to tumble down in the grassy clearing.

"Gotcha!" Maple said throwing her head back triumphantly as she got off Moth who was on her side getting up, shaking out her ruffled fur.

"Your going down! Yeah right look who's talking." Maple barked mockingly.

"That wasn't fair!" Moth whined in retort. "There were two of you."
Snowfall rolled her eyes. "Deal with it Moth."

"Could you all be any louder?" a pretty gray and white wolf called from one side of the clearing by the high rock wall.

"Oops." Maple murmured.
"We're sorry Ivy." Snowfall apologized circling her forepaw on the ground guilty. The other two pups standing by her looked down ashamed.

It had to be Ivy we woke up! Why'd it have to be one of the Alphas? And the one that was expecting pups!

Maple lowered her head to the ground and laid down on the grass. Moth did the same beside her.

"What are you guys doing?" Snowfall question her pretty pale blue-gray eyes confused. "Don't tell me your going to sleep now!"

Moth let out a yawn laying her head on her outstretched paws. "I'm not going to sleep just, taking a rest."

"I for one am going to sleep." Maple said sleepily as she plopped her little body onto the bright green grass.

"If your going to sleep little one, your coming in here." A female's voice echoed from inside the cave and a pale golden brown female came out.

"Can't I sleep out here?" Maple pleaded looking at the female wolf.

"No, now come on." Maples mother, Daisy, told her sternly and picked her daughter up by her scruff and carried her into the cave to the nursery.

Snowfall looked over at Moth and frowned in annoyance, who had fallen asleep already. Sure Moth, your just resting not sleeping.

The white pup rolled her eyes and observed the clearing looking for something to entertain herself with since her former playmates decided to take naps.

She, Moth, and Maple had been playing all morning and they were tired but Snowfall wasn't the least bit for whatever reason.

She eyed a stick that was on the ground by one of the fern exits of the camp.

Her imagination turned on and she acted as if the stick were a hare that she was hunting for her pack to eat.

Dropping into a crouch, Snowfall carefully stalking the stick, keeping her fluffy white tail from touching the ground.

Placing her paws as lightly as she could on the ground, trying her hardest to remember what Meadow and Holly had taught her; two apprentices in the pack.

Snowfall neared it about a tail length away and pounced onto the stick clenching her jaws on it as she flailed around around as if it were a hare.

"Gotcha hare!" Snowfall squealed.

"That's a stick, not a hare." A male wolf's voice said in amusement from behind Snowfall.

Snowfall felt a surge of excitement burst inside her as she dropped the stick that was in her jaws. "Adder!"