Chapter 45 : Guest

Start from the beginning

"I-I'm sorry Rachel- wait what's that on your finger?!" I gaped, looking at the gorgeous ring on her left hand.

She grinned, "Leith proposed!"

"Oh my God!" I squealed happily, throwing my arms around her.

"Congrats Rachel!" Mel shot her a rare grin.

Leith Ali was studying buisness and was one of the few guys who really was respectful. And with that Arab look going on, he had girls - and boys - throwing themselves at him left and right. It's no wonder that a stunning girl like Rachel fell for him.

Ah, I love fairytales.

"Well, we decided the wedding will be after like six months. Y'know after he graduates. He was not ready for it, the idiot wanted to marry the next day," she rolled her eyes, "I convinced him but he wanted an engagement party. It's here in New York. And you both are coming." She said firmly.

"When?" Mel asked,

"This weekend," she stared at me, "You both will come right?"

"Ra-"

"It means the world to me. Please" She pouted.

"Y-yeah I'll be there." I stuttered.

"Mel?" She prodded.

"Ofcourse."

"So that's decided." She clapped her hands excitedly and a lump formed in my throat at how happy she was to know that we'll be there.

It made me feel guilty too.

We spent the rest of the evening chatting and squealing about the wedding and the ideas. Until we reached the topic I was desperately trying to avoid.

"Will, why did you and Mel disappear from Glasgow without telling anyone, if you don't mind me asking. You can totally tell me to shut up right now-" she said hurriedly.

"No. It's fine, I-I just needed a break from everything." I told her weakly.

"Azrael is not in Glasgow too. And Grey's miserable but he wouldn't tell me what's up." She sighed.

Sometimes I forget that she's Grey's sister.

Which means Azrael will definitely be there for the engagement party.

I froze.

"There's some problem with you and Az right? Please don't let that stop you from coming." She pleaded.

I nodded.

How can I face him?

I'm not ready to face him. I'll either kiss the living daylights out of him or beat him to death.

Or maybe I'd do both.

Rachel left a few hours later and I mostly stayed silent throughout the conversation. After she had gone I felt Mel sit next to me.

"You want to say something, don't you?" I muttered,

"I do. Do you want me to?" She asked calmly.

I nodded.

"I think you should go. He'll definitely be there, talk to him. Please, just try to hear what's he's got to say. I'm not telling you to forgive him if he's done something wrong but I just don't want you to regret anything. Sometimes it takes us too much time to see what went wrong," she said, a faraway look in her eyes.

I wrapped my hand around hers,"You can talk to me if you're going through something, Mel. You know that right? You'll tell me if something goes wrong, won't you?" I whispered.

She smiled, it was the same smile she has been giving me for years when I ask her the same thing. And she always said the same thing, her favourite quote,

"There are somethings you can only learn in a storm."

_________________

Hey guy! I'm so sorry that it took me so long to update.

You can expect a chapter for ' Zephyr ' . YAY

I'm also going to start a new book, it's called 'Love In The City Of Gentle' the aesthetics are already posted. I'll be updating the first chapter and I'm super excited.

So what do you guys think about this chapter?

Have a good day.

XxAelinAsh