[#48] Janice, I'm Taking The Kids

ATLAS – AS USUAL – WAS NOW, PISSED off. This was partly because her and Five had spent fifteen minutes trying to figure out how to get home, only to come up with an unsuccessful plan that would mean at least one of the siblings would have to get cut in half (Atlas liked this idea, but only if it was Luther, but Five wasn't pleased and so she let it slide.) But, however, her change in mood was mostly depicted by the news, which claimed her – as usual – a wanted criminal. Only this time, however, it was for presidential assassination among six other idiots that didn't know what the hell they were talking about. If she was going to be hunted down for something that was very obviously not her immaculate handiwork, then they could have at least omitted the idiots alongside it. How embarrassing...

"Well," Atlas had said, once she heard the news. Her eyebrows were raised with amusement, her arms crossed over her chest. "It's nice to see something that's not the weather or climate change."

They news claimed that they had worked together as a gang with Vanya as their leader; Luther as their bodyguard; Diego as their Cuban (seriously, Cuban?) maniac; Allison as their rioting vigilante; Klaus and Atlas as notorious cult leaders and finally Five, taking on the role as an innocent hostage.

Atlas couldn't believe it. Not only was Five seen as the innocent one – ironic – but Vanya as their leader? If anything, Atlas was the one leading all of this shit. And to name her as part of Klaus' cult, (as a fucking cult leader????) was utterly insulting, at best. God, they were running her reputation through the mud.

She wondered how she would ever be able to pick herself up from this. Presidential assassination was one thing but being associated with Klaus' creepy gang of manic morons was something completely different.

"God," Diego said, tilting his head to look at the photo they displayed on the screen. "I hate that photo."

"I would too, if I were you," Atlas agreed with a nod. "You know, this whole fluffy long hair isn't working for you. You look like you're trying to impersonate Jesus. Seriously, Diego. Get a haircut."

"They're saying that I instigated the riot?" Allison interrupted, letting out a scoff before turning away, motioning for Luther to turn off the TV. "That's just unbelievable."

"Look, the good news is that we restored the timeline and stopped doomsday." Luther said, yet again being the one to see the positives among a pile of shit. "So... that's a win in my book."

"Yeah, and now we're officially the most wanted people in the world." Allison replied, rolling her eyes. "The FBI is after us, the Dallas police, the Secret Service. I mean, it's only a matter of time before they hunt us down here."

"There's nothing we can do about it," Diego said, shaking his head to express his own frustration. "I mean... we don't even know who killed Kennedy, nevermind clearing our own names."

The gang turned around subtly to exchange questioning glances to Atlas, who was examining her nails with a lack of interest. Feeling eyes on her, her eyes flicked up sharply, letting out a long scoff. She shook her head, her eyebrows raised at the same time as she raised both of her hands, emitting innocence. "It wasn't me this time, I promise."

"Not you," Luther began, jutting an accusatory finger toward her. "Your creepy counterpart."

"That's still me, you simple-minded shithead." Atlas snapped back at him before rolling her eyes and letting a sigh deflate her shoulders. "And she was still unconscious when Kennedy was shot, so it can't have been any version of me."

"Well, where are you, now?" Diego asked curiously and Atlas shrugged her shoulders with an affluent ease.

"Hell if I know." She said, unfazed. "I'm a busy woman, Diego, I don't exactly stick around."