[#35] Perfect Memory, Perfect Score, Perfect Kill-Rates

FIVE HAD TOLD HIS BROTHERS that he had figured out how to stop the end of the world around... six times by now. Five out of six of those times were unsuccessful, and on the sixth attempt, it was barely an achievement. So, it was granted that he was a little nervous for how they were going to react to the seventh time.

"So, I found a way home."

Luther immediately whipped his head around, his eyes widening drastically. "What? How? When?"

Five rolled his eyes. Of course their reaction was going to be the same – so many questions, so much desperation. They couldn't just listen to him, no! They wanted to form their own ideas and their own opinions on the success of things. And that, my friends, is often where things went wrong. "All of the details are irrelevant, but I made a deal to get back to our timeline."

"What about doomsday?" Diego asked, frantically.

"Won't happen."

"And the 2019 apocalypse?"

Five ground his teeth together with irritation. Why couldn't they just trust him? "Everything will go back to normal, alright? Now, no more questions. We have to go. We have to find the others. Luther, you get Allison."

"Okay." Luther nodded, and both of his brothers paused at his excitement, sending him a pointed look.

"Diego, Klaus." Five said. "I'll get Vanya. We'll meet back in the arrival alley in seventy-seven minutes. Got it?" His brothers nodded and Five took it as a confirmation that they were going to do their jobs correctly, grabbing two watches from the kitchen table and handing one to each of them. "I've synchronized these watches, so you have no excuse to be late. Alright... lets do this."

He nodded his head and rubbed his hands together, preparing to teleport, but Diego lunges forwards to stop him. "Woah, woah, woah, hold on a minute. You show up drenched in blood but with no injuries, spend half-an-hour sitting in a dark room with a crazy bitch and expect us just to believe that everything's going to go back to normal if we go home now?"

Five scoffed, unable to believe that Diego was so hard of hearing that he didn't realize he had already stated there were to be no more questions. "Elliott was killed because of us-!"

"What about Dad?" Diego growled, his anger rising. "What about JFK?"

"Diego," Five sighed. "We have a chance to go home and make things right, we are taking it."

"I have to say goodbye to Lila." He sighed and Five's face fell in pity, feeling his chest rise with another inhale as he shook his head. He understood that his brother was... hooked, or whatever the hell to Lila Pitts, but he had to know that it wasn't going anywhere.

"Lila doesn't give a shit about you, Diego. She never did." Five told him, trying to ease the news to him gently but finding that his impatience made it increasingly difficult. "She's one of them – she's a member of the Commission."

"No way." Diego said, adamant in his knowledge. "That's not possible."

"She was just using you to get to us." Five frowned. "You're the Oswald of this story, Diego, the goddamned Patsy. I'm sorry, alright? But if you don't do this, I'll kill you myself. Got it?"

The bathroom door swung open, and Five's murderous expression instantly eased, his head snapping towards their latest companion. Feeling the eyes gather onto her, Atlas froze and threw her lips into a frown, her eyebrows furrowed. "What are you all staring at? I'm not going to fucking sing or dance for you."

Diego and Luther frowned and turned their attention to the watches, tightening the straps around their wrists and checking they were both in sync. Atlas, however, slowly slid her eyes from Diego and Luther to Five, who raised his eyebrows in question. He leaned forwards, eagerly. "You're coming with us, right? Back to New York?"