Sarina (Chapter 36)

Start from the beginning

"I don't care what you tell anyone, it's not like they'll believe it."

"Huh?"

"I only slept here because you insisted, I stay over since you were worried about me. You said you wanted to keep an eye on me."

"Well yeah, I'm always worried", I said.

"If you do say something, they'll just see it as that, nothing more. Besides, I'm not interested in kids."

He started to move, making me almost fall over as he got out of bed.

"Huh? Hey! I'm not a kid! That's creepy to say!"

"Exactly, so you have nothing to worry about."

He headed over towards the bathroom.

"Same goes for you. I'm not interested in old grouchy men", I shouted across the room.

He stopped walking and then turned around, scowling at me.

I put my hand up.

"No, don't even think about saying a word. You're the one who went there, I just wanted to make sure I had the last word. Don't mind me, just go on with your day."

I'm so used to knowing when he wants to say something but this time he held his tongue.

~

We drove to the police station in silence, that didn't bother me at all. I had nothing to say to him after he insulted my age once again. After we arrived, we went straight over to his office to see everyone was already there for the meeting that was planned last minute by Josh.

"What happened to you two, marriage problems", Josh joked.

We both gave him the death glare.

"Josh, it's better for you to keep your mouth shut", Remmy said as she took a sip of her coffee.

"Geeze, I just wanted to lighten up the mood", he said as he slumped back onto the wall.

I spotted Javi and immediately went over to stand next to him. Tyler didn't look my way as I did so, he continued over to sit at his desk.

"It's okay Josh, it's just not the right time for that", Grace said to comfort him.

"You okay today", Miles asked Tyler.

"Yeah, I am. Thanks. Josh, any news?"

Josh pushed off the wall with his shoulder to stand up straight.

"Not really, nothing's popped up that's related to Cosen. It's just been quiet", he said.

"Sounds like they are still planning", Tyler said. "Grace, has anything come to mind since you had time to rest. Anything else Andy said to you?"

Grace shook her head.

"I'm sorry, no, nothing else I can remember."

"I know this is very risky but, what if we just go to New York and see if we can spot Andy", Miles said.

"I can help! Andy and I would meet up at this bench."

Tyler shook his head, disapproving of the plan.

"I get what you mean Miles but, Grace can not step foot there ever again."

"What if one of us goes there undercover", Remmy suggested.

Tyler let out a sigh.

"The big problem is the other members of Cosen. We just have names, we don't know what they are like besides Quinn and we know he's very dangerous. We also put Andy's life in danger. I can't risk that. Also, we will be on their turf, it'll be a huge disadvantage for us."