Bad Days Don't Feel As Long With You

NOTE:

Guess who had to go to the
hospital for a fucking
MRI!!! There goes fucking
$600 down the drain that I've
been saving for a big vacation
I can confirm that I'm fucking
done with this year I kinda
feel like this year has been
kicking me while I'm down
but one good thing
is I'm fully ready to get
out of my current job and I'm
looking into becoming
an EMT so there's that
I'd like to also apologize for always
ranting but this is just a good outlet for me

welp on to the story

Yelena woke slightly. She fixed her position to get comfortable but noticed how cold it was next to her. She sat up quickly and looked to her left. As she had thought the younger girl was gone.

The blonde looked around the rest of the room to see if there was any sign of the girl. That's when she noticed the dim light shining from underneath the doorway that led to the bathroom.

Yelena pulled the covers off her body before stumbled out of Kate's bed. She regained her balance before making her way to the door.

She raised her hand to knock but froze for a second as a small sob passed through the door. Yelena's heart hurt for the younger girl.

"Kate? Are you ok?" Yelena asked after she knocked. The blonde listened for the girl's reply, but Kate went silent as she held her breath. She tried not to wake or bother the blonde, but she had failed.

"Kate I know you are in there. I just want to know if you are ok?" Yelena pushed for an answer. Kate took a second to clear her throat.

"I'm fine." The younger girl answered, but her voice betrayed her telling Yelena everything.

"Kate you do not need to lie." The blonde heard another choked sob slip through the door once more.

The older girl's words tugged at Kate's heart like a loose thread being pulled and unraveling.

"Can I come in?" Yelena asked, pulling the younger girl from her mind. Kate whimpered as she tried to keep her sobs in.

"Please." The younger girl choked out. Yelena didn't know how she heard the faint plead. She honestly thought it was her imagination for a second.

Yelena opened the door slowly just in case and looked at Kate. The girl was sitting on the ground across from the toilet and had her knees pulled tightly to her chest.

As soon as the blonde was in Kate's sight, she broke down. So she buried her face into her knees, trying to hide her tears.

Yelena sat down next to the younger girl. She still wasn't quite sure on how to comfort Kate yet, but she was going to try her best. Yelena scooted over, so their shoulders were touching.

"What's going on?" Yelena asked. Kate lifted her head slightly so that she could see the blonde.

"I don't feel good." Kate tried to divert from the honest answer.

"Well, I was not going to say anything, but when you went for your third full plate, I knew you would be sick." Yelena nudged the girl playfully, hoping to lighten the mood. The frown on Kate's lips soon turned into a small smile as she let out a soft chuckle.

"You're right the third plate was a bit much." Kate joked back. This time Kate was the one to nudge the other girl, but she stayed pressed up against Yelena.

The girls fell back into the quiet atmosphere around them. It was nice for a moment for Kate, but soon, her mind was taken back by the cloudy storm from before. She buried her head once more into her knees.