These Are Your Friends

Note:
Sorry for the late update
again I totally got home
and was like
"oh I'll take maybe
an hour or two nap"
I fuck'n slept like I was
in a coma I took my
nap at 3:15-3:30
I woke up at 8 something
and it was only because my
brother told me dinner
was ready I ate and
when straight back to bed

Ok that's the end of my rant
also I hope you enjoy this chapter

"Ok, let's get this over with"

Yelena grabbed the jacket and got out of her truck, and made her way into the diner.

As soon as she entered, she stopped dead in her tracks as a little boy ran past holding something shiny.

"Mommy, look what she gave me!" The little boy said, waving the thing in his hand around. This made his mother laugh as he wouldn't hold it still.

"What is it?" She asked.

"It's a pest penny." He said with so much confidence. He put the penny in his mother's hand.

"You mean a pressed penny. And it is very cool." The woman said with a smile. She looked across the room and mouthed a 'Thank you.'

Yelena's eyes followed and landed on blue once that soon made contact with hers.

Kate's face lit up. She stood up and made her way over to the blonde.

"Hey." Kate said, stopping a few feet from Yelena.

"Hello, Kate Bishop." Once again, Kate felt a slight flutter in her chest with her whole name being said. 'Keep it cool Kate.' She told herself.

They stood there for a second awkwardly before Yelena broke the tension.

"Here is your coat." Yelena held up the jacket. Kate grabbed it with a smile.

"Umm.. Let order." Kate said awkwardly.

They girls made their way to the counter. Kate rung the little bell by the cash register. Yelena looked up at the chalkboard with her options.

"Finally ready to order Kate." Grills said making is way to the front.

He looked between the two of them for a second. His eyes came to rest on Kate's.

"Is this 'girl problems'." He whispered with a hand up. Thankfully for Kate, Yelena takes her food very seriously, so she didn't catch that.

Kate blushed and shook her head no. Of course, Grills grind smugly.

"What can I get for you two?" He asked.

"The regular for me." Kate answered, thanking the lord that he didn't push.

Yelena couldn't make up her mind. For her, everything sounded good. She turned and looked at Kate.

"What is this regular you get?" She questioned the girl.

"Oh, umm, it's just a cheeseburger with grilled onions and jalapeños. I'm not the biggest spice fan, but when they grill the jalapeños, It's pretty good. Oh, and a side of the macaron because it's to die for." Kate smiled awkwardly as she realized she was rambling.