Test Your Luck

"How old are you guys?"

Kate thought that was such a weird question.

Yelena looks around at everyone. She had noticed that they all looked really young.

"Me and Miles are 15." Gwen said, pointing to her and the curly hair boy.

"The 3 of us are 18." Ned said.

"So you all are still in high school?" Yelena asked.

"No. Maya's out." MJ said.

Yelena turned her attention to Kate, who was smiling at her friends. She slowly turned her gaze to Yelena.

"You hang out with children?" Yelena asked.

"What? No." Kate looked at her friends. She looked down in defeat.

"Yes." She answered.

"How do you all become friends?" Yelena asked.

"The 4 of us were in the same class. Though Peter and Ned were friends way before that. Kate and Maya met in gym. And then we made friends with those 2." MJ tried to explain the best she could.

Yelena thought for a moment. She was doing the math in her head, but it wasn't adding up.

"Well, now that introductions are over, I'm going to get Miles cleaned up." Gwen said, leading the boy to the bathroom. With that, Maya could care less, so she when back to looking at her phone.

"Kate, when did you graduate?" Yelena asked. Kate put her head down as she started to feel embarrassed.

"Twoyearsago." She mumbled quietly. Yelena frowned her brow.

"What did you say? Speaking up, please." The blonde questioned.

With the demand Yelena gave it, Kate wanted to answer immediately, but her mind was everywhere. She couldn't make eye contact and was feeling so sheepish.

"She graduated two years ago." MJ said, which earned a glare from the girl. She could tell almost immediately when Kate and the other girl showed up that she had a crush on Yelena.

MJ had a devious plan. She was going to do everything Kate did to her.

When Kate found out that MJ had a crush on Peter, she teased her every second she could. Though MJ was much better at hiding her emotions.

"I thought you were 23?" Yelena was so confused.

"I am." Kate said a little to fast.

"She was held back 3 years." MJ said with a grin. Yelena kept looking back between the two girls with a brow raised.

"Yeah, she wasn't the smartest." Peter joined in. Of course, Ned had no idea what was going on.

"Hey! That's not true." Kate was starting to blush.

"No, she was pretty dumb." MJ said. The pair knew that Kate was knowledgeable, but she made many stupid decisions.