Could you give me a sign?

Note:
For starters I want
to say yes I do know that
Yelena is aroace in the comics
and ace in the MCU and
I don't want discard or reject
any peoples thought, feeling,
and or sexuality at all. I personally
see Yelena as demisexual which
falls under the ace umbrella
and this is just a head cannon
and she will always be aroace/ace
in the comics and MCU
and she is whatever
people want only fanfics
so please be nice about it

So I'm using Grammarly because
I suck ass at grammar, spelling,
and well anything that has to
do with writing in general so
I have no idea if it's doing it's
job so let me if the writing is good

Also this is my first fanfic I
will actually uploading so be
gently and I would love to
hear feedback so let me
know when there are
mistakes or if you enjoyed it
and if you have any ideas
you'd like to see in this
let me know

Trigger warnings
There is some talk about
suicide, sexual assault
and a bit of gore
In this story

So I will give warnings for all of it
before it happens

Alrighty let's begin

Kate tapped her fingers against her thigh in time with the music that was slowly coming to an end. The hum of the car's old engine became more pronounced in the silence that fell upon them. Kate looked in the rearview mirror to see the golden puppy looking out the window, tail wagging, tongue out, and fogging up the glass. Her eyes made their way back to the street, a big smile pulling at her lips.

Kate let out a big yawn which was followed by a few sips of an energy drink. It was 12:03 in the morning, according to the clock in her car.

She and Lucky had been out all day trying to avoid anyone with a camera or a microphone. Everything with her family has made quite a stir with the News, and she was exhausted from answering question after question. So she jumped at the chance to leave with Lucky and just spend the day away from everyone.

A chuckle escaped her lips as the next song filled the car with an unforgettable synth line. Her hand shot forward, turning the volume maybe a little too loud. She snapped her head back, looking too lucky, and if on cue, he looked her right back in the eyes.

"Hiya, Barbie." She said with her best impersonation of the singer. Her head turned back to the road as she continued, making a full 180 with her voice.

"Hi, Ken!" "Wanna go for a ride?" "Sure, Ken!" "Jump in!" She made the jump between the two voices seamlessly and of course, knew every word. She'd tell anyone if they questioned her that it was on the many years of practice, or maybe it was from the one year she listened to it nonstop as a child.

Kate bobbed her head lightly as the song continued, but she stopped when it was close to the beat dropped.

"Come on Barbie, let's go party." And with one hard headbang on the drop, it leads her into a bobbing motion. She was trying to sing, but her laughter was getting in the way. She was having way too much fun with this.

As the song finally came to an end, she reached out and turned the volume down to where it was moments before.

"I think that was the best performance of my life. It might even be Simon Cowell golden buzzer worthy. Don't you think?" She asked her pizza-loving friend, who let out a small bark. "My thought exactly." Kate chuckled to herself.