Chapter 8: You Are My Prince

A year later...

It has been a year ever since I became the fiancé of the prince.For the past months I've experienced a lot of things. However I'm still powerless, even now.

" My prince, please don't ran around. It's unbefitting the royal name. " I followed the prince who was playing around the hallway.

As a prince fiancé, I do a lot of work. Attend tea parties, banquet, study to become a proper empress in the future.... or maybe not, but the most difficult of all is babysitting the prince.

It was quite ironic, I was younger than him but I do all the babysitting.

" You're really annoying! Why can't you just let me be?! " the prince snarled at me.

After becoming the prince's fiancé, he also began to hate me.

It was nothing compared to the torture and pressure I have to endure at the duchy just to satisfy my father. At this point, I'm just living to protect the Magnus' family name.

I kept quiet after being asked by such question.

Currently, I'm already eight. It's funny that I'm still alive to this day after harming myself in different ways.

" My prince, we have to get ready the banquet for your 9th birthday will be happening soon. " I politely informed him.

" Whatever, Richard! prepare my clothes! " he called his butler as a sign that I too must go back home now.

I've done this a lot of times in the past days. Once a week I go to the palace to visit the prince whole spending most of my week secluded in my room getting thought to be an empress.

I'm tired, I never admitted it before but it is really tiring.

Reality has already slapped me with the truth and yet, why do I still keep on believing, I still keep going on like an idiot.

I know the family I always worked hard to achieve, my dream will never become possible.

Even the prince, I like him but I already knew that he has his eyes set for Leora.

Here I am, still blindly walking this path of thorns because of a useless ambition.

If I met my past self, I would tell her to stop on believing, because once you do you can't escape. It was the dream I've always dreamt of, a dream where I sacrificed everything to achieve.

I'm still am eight-year old kid but the future seems too far away.

" My lady, we have arrived at the Duchy. " the coachman spoke to me.

I got of the carriage, alone. I walked through the door of the mansion, made my way to my room and got dressed by the upcoming banquet tonight.

" You look very beautiful, young miss. " my maid spoke.

" Elena, you say funny things. " I replied.

Come to think of it, today is also the day I've got to see Leora again. After being appointed as the crown prince's fiancé, I never got the chance to talk with her nor meet her.

I went down the stairs, there I saw two familiar figures. It was Leora and Father.

" I, Timothy Blake Magnus, greets his grace, the Duke, and Lady Leora. " I bowed to both of them.

I started greeting them like this after coming to my senses that, I never belonged to this family.

" Now Timothy, it's not like we aren't family. " she smiled at me.

It was the same words she spoke that day, the first day we met Prince Theon.

" The carriage is here, prepare yourselves. " The Duke spoke.