011 Blueprints

CHAPTER 011

CHAPTER 011. BLUEPRINTS

IT WAS EXHILARATING, AND A LITTLE NERVE-RACKING, BUT LAURIE AND ROBIN MANAGED TO GET THE BLUEPRINTS.

It was surprisingly easy - aside from the fact that they had to recount how much cash Robin grabbed about three different times because the taller girl kept getting herself distracted. But once they figured out how much they had, it was smooth sailing form there.

Well, they were actually about 5 dollars short. But with some subtle flirtatious advances towards a guy Laurie had absolutely no interest in - Robin's idea - they managed to get all the pages they needed to see if her plan might actually work.

They knew Steve and Dustin would collectively have somewhat distasteful reactions to the fact that Laurie Dante had to flirt with someone to get what they needed, so the two girls silently agreed to leave that part out of the story during their retelling.

"It is fascinating what 20 bucks will get you at the County Recorder's Office," Robin says excitedly as the two girls push their way through the swinging door and enter the back room of Scoops. "We're never going back there, by the way,"

Steve quirks a brow. "Wait, why not?"

"The guy working there was trying to get Laurie's number," The freckled girl snickers. "And then she told him the broken leg story when he called her cute,"

So much for keeping it secret, Robin.

Steves expression changes quite subtly, something that most people would probably miss entirely. His jaw tightens ever so slightly and his gaze locks on the girl leaning on the table to his left, his teeth starting to gnaw at the inside of his cheek.

"It was nothing," Laurie quips, cutting the story short by shooting her best friend a glare. She softens her expression when she turns back to Steve. "Robin's just.. She's exaggerating. Don't worry about it,"