WHEN HE SEES ME

ೄྀ࿐ˊˎ-

how am i supposed to operate if i'm just tossed around by fate?

if when he knows me, he's only disappointed?

ೄྀ࿐ˊˎ-

LAUREL "LAURIE" DANTE is a girl with a heart made of gold and a body that's far too afraid to let it shine.

For as long as she can remember, Laurie has lived and breathed within the confines of her comfort zone. She's always been too afraid to stand out, to speak to her heart's content, to do anything out of the ordinary. Hell, the most spontaneous thing she's ever done is cut her bangs, and even then, she deliberated on that decision for at least a fortnight before actually doing it.

Why sacrifice something great for the chance at something better?

She's always been at peace with her "boring" lifestyle, because breaking out of her shell-shaped mind and getting tossed around by fate is something she, quite honestly, never wants to experience. Besides, Laurie doesn't mind having to live vicariously through the protagonists of her books or her rambunctious best friend, Robin Buckley, anyway.

Laurie still gets to experience that electric feeling, that rush of adrenaline that courses through her veins like live wires when something doesn't go to plan. But it's different, safer. It's without having to deal with the negative repercussions, the high without the low following, just how she likes it.

Sure, Laurie knows the teenage years of your life are supposed to be the perfect time to make stupid decisions and even stupider mistakes, but she's never been one to act on impulse. The unknown is scary, like the forestry that surrounds Hawkins in the dead of night, and Laurie finds comfort in knowing what to expect and when to expect it.