Inez didn't quite think that a critic would come over this concert, especially considering that the choir was still months and months away from LGPE. But with all consideration, anything was possible, and the clock was ticking. They still had plenty of time to prepare themselves for the big event just by preparing themselves for their winter concert for starters. 

The choir ended up working on their vocals for the main choruses, including echoes. They didn't work too much on the solo parts since the choruses were the practical bases of them, as Dr. Terry quoted. She always famously insisted that without a steady base, a building will collapse. The same analogy applied to singing. If the main chorus isn't good, then they are sure to fall apart, and the audience usually always notices these sorts of things. Lucky for the choir, the group seemed to be decent enough on the main chorus to declare that practice today was productive and useful, even if they pretty much had no actual audience in front of them. 

"One practice down, many more to go," Jolien remarked to Inez as threw her backpack over her shoulder. Dr. Terry just called her over to her office to discuss her solo part and all things in between, so she was on her way there, zig-zagging her way through other choir students who piled around the exit door. "Meet you on the bus?"

"Yeah, sure," Inez nodded before she merged in with the crowd. She filed out the door with her phone in hand, mainly to catch up on anything and everything — including social media notifications, unread text messages, and unseen YouTube videos. In such a big high school like Meadowbrook, it was never a good idea to be on your phone and walk at the same time. With all the countless times that Inez did it, she's never bumped into anything or anyone. She always ended up being okay, so it was completely reasonable to figure that she wouldn't bump into anyone anytime soon. 

But today was the day that it was going to change.

Because she was so focused on her cell phone, as she walked forward, her head ended up clashing into someone's back. She lowered her phone as she felt her cheeks warm before taking a few steps back. The person who she bumped into turned their head sharply, their sleek, brown hair bouncing from the sudden movement in the process. It was no one other than Alexander Choi.

He mustered a small smile as he pointed towards the girl's cell phone. "If you weren't on that cellular device, you wouldn't have bumped into me, Nezzie."

"I was being as careful as possible to not bump into anyone, for your information," Inez narrowed her eyes as sarcasm leaked from her voice. "But before we get into that, don't call me Nezzie ever." 

Alexander chuckled with a wink as they headed up a busy flight of stairs. "You know it'll take a million more tries to get me to stop. If not, a billion. Who knows? Maybe even more if you're truly unlucky."

The curly-haired girl rolled her eyes to the back of her head in annoyance. "You're a bitch," she said without hesitation. "You know that right?" 

"No, I don't know that because I'm Alexander," he corrected with a smirk as they reached the corridor that led to bus lane. Once they were outside under the school's broad awning, the brown-haired boy separated himself to head left so he could catch his bus. Like usual, Inez's bus was directly in front of the school entrance, so she entered the bus and sat in her usual seat. The window seat, to be exact.

Letting out a chuckle, she reflected off of her conversation with Alexander as she looked out of the smeared fingerprinted window. The energy she felt while talking to him was strange, but one thing she noticed was that it wasn't so tense. Conversations with Alexander were always tense, so Inez couldn't help but wonder why this one felt any different. It was complex to answer, way out of her range. But that didn't mean the conversation wasn't normal, either.