22. Forgive him for me

Thank you for all the support on this story. Please comment your thoughts on the parts and vote!!  ❤❤❤

Ps. This part is probably my favourite and also the longest I've written so far

*Pov Angelica*

While I'm getting dressed I can't help but wonder how Dominic's mother will react to Adriana. I already know there will be a lot of explaining on my part however I'm eerily more nervous for her to find out compared to how I felt when Dominic found out.

Veronica Montgomery was a constant impulsive figure in our marriage. Ever since our honeymoon she kept asking for a grandchild however Dominic always managed to change the subject. Now that Adriana is very much real I can't help but worry that Veronica will be furious that she wasn't part of her early childhood.

With Adriana turning 6 in a month it will mark 6 year in which the Montgomery family were not a part of our life.

Six life changing years.

I'm bought out of my thought when Adriana rushes in wearing a sage green dress. Her hair is still in loose waves and I already know she wants to keep it that way

"I'm ready mommy. Can we go downstairs? I already heard daddy opening the door and the voice of an older woman" she tells me impatiently.

"In 2 minutes let me just finish off getting dressed, you can sit on the bed and wait for me" I tell her whilst I head into the closet

I end up chosing a simple sage green dress to match Adriana's and leaving my hair wavy as it was.

I pick up Adriana from the bed and place her on my hip before leaving the room and getting ready to walk downstairs.

Dominic is first to notice us and turns around to face us with a huge smile on his face. Veronica soon does the same however lacking the same intense smile her son has.

I turn my attention away from Dominic and look at Veronica. Her eyes still hold that same intense hazle colour as they search over my face. She hasn't aged much since I last saw her but the grey that's beginning to grace her hair is now more prominent than it once was.

Her eyes continued to examine me while I walk down this seemingly never-ending staircase. Until I finally feel them stop on Adriana who has now buried her face into the crook of my neck.

I eventually step off the staircase and head straight to Dominic's side trying to ignore the shocked expression on Veronica's face.
Dominic's hand goes around my waist after her takes Adriana from my arms. At this point she looks up and gives Veronica a shy smile before once again burying her head in Dominic's neck.

"Well this is certainly a surprise Dominic" Veronica finally chokes out creating an even more akward silence between us all

"Mum this is Adriana and you should remember Angelica very well" Dominic tells her trying to subside the awkwardness.

"Of course I remember Angelica but the little angel in your arms must be a new addition to the family." She comments

"Yes mum this is our daughter I would like you to meet her. It's been a long time coming" Dominic announces

"A long time coming indeed son"

I gently pat Adriana on her back and she lifts her head to look at Dominic. 

"Princess this is your grandma, can you say hello to her" he whispers to her

"Hi" Adriana whispers quickly

"Hi angel can I give you a hug?" Veronica asks her

Adriana slowly nods and unwraps herself from Dominic and then reaches over to Veronica. She then lifts her off Dominic's arms and Adriana wraps her hands around her neck. A huge simile is finally presented on Veronica's face and I can't help but smile along with them.

"Now Angelica you and I need to talk in private" Veronica states interrupting the moment after a few minutes. She kisses Adriana of the cheek and hands her back to Dominic.

"Look after your daughter while I talk with Angelica" she instructs Dominic.

She grabs my hand and begins dragging me to the office opposite the living room. I look back at Dominic desperately trying to get him to save me. But he has turned around and walked away in the complete opposite direction.

The door closes once I step in and the room around me seems to close in

"Don't be nervous Angelica I don't bite. I just want to tell you something without my son interfering" she says attempting the ease the situation.

"To begin with I'm so happy that he found you. He's been a shell of a person since the divorce and it finally seems like he is returning to himself."

"However how could you walk away so easily? And with a child? His child?" She questions

"He wasn't the same person I married when I walked away and believe me it was the hardest decision of my life. Also he was the once that slammed the divorce papers infront of me. He was the one that eventually gave up."

"He was the one..." she mocks."He was the one that thought you gave up on the marriage. He was convinced you cheated and you walking away so easily only confirmed his suspicions. You walking away showed him how much the marriage meant to you."

"I would never cheat on him! I was pregnant for godsakes with HIS children! Why would I ever even consider cheating on the man I love?" I defended myself

"Children?" She chokes out the question

"Yes children but now just child. I lost the other not long after the divorce" I explained

"And yet you still had Adriana with not even so much as a single word to Dominic once she was born"

"What was I supposed to say? That I the  woman he thought cheated on him had his child? He would have never believed me and you and I both know this. So stop making it seem like I'm the bad one when he is equally at fault. You think I wanted you both to find out this way? To not give my daughter the proper family she deserves?" I shouted completely consumes with anger

"Ok I apologise, but you kept my grandchild away from me. You keep a part of my son away from himself." She defended

"And for that I'm sorry I couldn't imagine how betrayed you feel however I did what I thought was best for my child. Because that's the sort of mother I am." I say whilst heading towards the door.

"Angelica" she calls

"One last thing, I know right now you have a lot of things to consider but let me tell you this. The love that you both have for each other is hard to find. Right now it seems like he was more of a lesson than a love but I promise you this, you fell for the heart that beats only for you. I see it in the way he looks at you. Moving forward don't settle for just fine with him because he can give you a hell of a lot better than that. Destruction seems easier than harmony but harmony in love is worth every battle with the person you truly love. Life is a lot of loose ends but your love for him is not one of those. And finally forgive him for me because I know that if you leave again my son will never come back to me"