Ninety ninth Precinct

Walking into my first day should be a piece of cake. I've heard great things about this precinct. A openly gay captain, which could've been easy on him. This place seems good compared to the other places I've been too. It can't be that bad. The elevator dinged signalling I was on the bull pin floor the door pushed open and revealed my 'hopefully' last transfer precinct. I walked into the bull pin pushing on the gate that separates the corridor between the elevator and the office space. I look to my left two older men one of whom was proving his foot on the desk to cut his toenails. God I hope it's his toe nail that thing doesn't look healthy at all. It's green-

Your getting side tracked dumbass just go to the captain's office. I started walking again still admittedly distracted by the man cutting his nails and bump into someone. I stumble back a bit looking at all the papers I knocked off this person. I immediately start cleaning it up and hand it back to them.

"Shit I'm so sorry I got distracted. I'm usually not this clumsy I swear." I look up and see a black curly haired woman clad in a black leather jacket.

"Watch it" She pauses and looks at me dead in the eyes. "It's okay. I'm detective Rosa Diaz. And you are?" Rosa says taking the papers from me and putting out her free hand. I place my hand in hers maintaining a semi firm grip. Trying not to face the fact that a gorgeous women is in my presence.

"Detective Y/N L/N. I just transferred here from the 78. Do you mind directing me to the captains office? I kinda got distracted looking at the dude clipping what I hope is his toenails." I say letting my eyes drift off this beautiful woman onto the man in question. She chuckles and gestures for me to follow her.

"There is always something wrong with those two. Trust me I've seen much worse from them. Captain the transfer is here to see you." Rosa knocks on the door and the man looks up from his desk.

"Ah yes. Detective L/N. It's nice to finally meet you. I see you met detective Diaz." Rosa exits the room and you look back at her for a second and smirk. Captain Holt gets up and closes the door. You sit down in the chair in front of him and he sits across from you.

"Yes she was very helpful helping find your office." I say and he nods slightly.

"That's good. It's my understanding that you transferred here because of and issues with your fellow colleagues. I just want to make sure that issue doesn't arise again. Is it alright if you can share that problem with me so I make sure that never happens here?" He asks and I sigh deeply.

"I'm trans and I had one of the officers find out and they wouldn't stop harassing me due to that. It's my knowledge that your gay so you must have an idea of what that feels like to some degree." I say playing with my fingers and he nods.

"I've dealt with that all too much in my old precinct as well. I'm aware of the feeling. I can a sure you that here everyone is accepting of this. But for your own personal well being no one else will informed of this." Captain Holt says and I smile in gratitude.

"Thank you Captain. I appreciate it. I'll probably end up telling them eventually when I get to know them better." He nods.

"I think I'll place your desk right next to Diaz. I've never seen her so friendly with someone new before. I think you two will be great partners."

An: I was gonna start something new but I kid you not this has been sitting in my drafts for over two months so... This story is still weirdly active with the amount of people reading it so I'm just going to leave this here