White Russian

21:00, Friday
Somewhere in the Iron Blood base
PoV:3

It was quite late into the night, as people were already in bed. Most of which were already asleep or contemplating. The leader of the faction, Bismarck, was still in her office. It had been a few weeks since her doppelgänger appeared and was currently deciding where to rank him.

A few days earlier, Z-23 supervised a test to gauge how powerful Otto was. His riggings were identical to Bismarck's and had additional CQC power with all his muscle. She was in between deciding on a high rank and calling it a day.

Bismarck thought for a second until deciding that she should do some more of the paperwork lying on her desk. She reaches for one of the papers and begins doing some more work. For the past couple days, she had been doing more paperwork than usual because of an upcoming event where she was in charge of finances. She also had some paperwork for property damage as some rogue ships were put in custody. This week was especially stressful because it saw the public release of Bismarck, doppelgänger and ship boy.
More paper work was done before her phone rings, called by an unknown number. She decides to screen the call.

-/Start message/-Hey, I know you're awake so please just go to bed. you can deal with your work in the morning.-/End message/-

Bismarck was mildly surprised, it was as if Otto had eyes everywhere. Though mildly is an overstatement, she was too tired to be surprised. So, following Otto's advice, she cleans up and leaves her office. After a while she arrived at the dorm rooms. When she entered, she took a good shower, and went to bed. Her rest felt like the first in a century.

A few moments earlier, Otto was sitting at a bar. He ordered his usual White Russian and sipped from his glass. He was becoming a bar regular and hadn't told anyone about his alcohol addiction yet. It seemed all the liquor his former crew had made an impact on him. Holding his glass, he pondered. His outfit was different from usual. He had some jeans and a plain shirt, accompanied by a jacket and beanie. It was surprisingly cold at the HQ, indifferent to the weather in the nordic.

He drank more from his cup. He kept on thinking about things but one reoccurring thought was there, 'How did I get here?' This Bismarck thought. "Well, however you came here, it doesn't change that you're here now." the bartender said. Bismarck must've thought out loud and she just so happened to be listening. "I suppose." was Bismarck's response. "Another White Russian?" "No thank you, I'll have a Moscow Mule on the rocks and I'll be gone." The bartender nods and prepares his drink. This life wasn't so bad.

He read somewhere that there'd be a major event that's going to happen. Saw it on his phone that Z-23 gave him the day they met. It was an event that was surrounded around the moon. Apparently, the event is incredibly special since it takes place on the day Azur Lane was created, a blue moon was said to appear, and a blood moon right after. Interesting stuff really. Thinking back to his phone and the event, he concludes that it would be a lot of paperwork. Which was his exact reason to call his doppelgänger. Speed dialing Bismarck, he took a breath.

...

After a few moments, the call doesn't go through and he's put on voice message.

"Hey, I know you're awake so please just go to bed. you can deal with your work in the morning."

Beep

After stopping the message, his drink arrives and he continues to enjoy the bar. The Moscow Mule tasted better than he remembered, it was one of the tastiest drinks he had. After finishing, he sat up and payed his bill. He had some of leftover cash so he tipped a few bucks. After leaving, he started his long walk to his dorm.