Terror of the seas.

May 26, 1941. 21:00

Atlantic Ocean.

PoV:3

The Royal Navy seemed desperate, seeing as the ship they were chasing had sunk their best ship, the HMS Hood as pride of British naval prowess. As such they had just deployed a prototype aircraft carrier HMS Ark Royal. The carrier deploys it's planes, Swordfish Biplanes that were very outdated. The Swordfish weave through the incoming Flak fire from the Bismarck's Anti-air guns. As the rickety planes dodge Flak fire, they get close enough to drop their torpedoes. As the torpedoes travel, the Swordfishes pull up as their hind gunners await their payload to hit the mark. An infinitesimal pause and a boom erupts on the side of the ship, an enormous tower of water billows to accompany it.

This thunderous strike hit the rear end of Bismarck, disabling his rudders. This was caused with only one torpedo that hit, the rest had either missed or weren't set off. Back to the rudders, the damage forced the gear 12° portside. This caused the ship to steer in a circle, repairs to fix the rudders proved futile. The crew of the ship tried to alleviate the problem by alternating the power of the three propellers which, with force 8 wind and sea state, forced the ship against the two British ships pursuing him. The two British battleships, HMS Rodney and HMS King George V, had been following the Bismarck from the west for quite a while and now they were ready to strike. At 23:40, the Bismarck's admiral, Günther Lütjens, signalled to the German west group "Ship immanoeuvrable. We will fight to the last shell. Long live the Fuhrer." and with it was the last known contact from the KMS Bismarck to German command.

Throughout the night, the Bismarck was subject to multiple torpedo attacks by British destroyers. The Bismarck retaliated with shellfire from his guns, shearing Cossacks antenna and straddling Zulu, wounding three, though it proved mostly ineffective. The destroyers didn't score any hits though, but the worrying tactics lowered the morale of the German sailors on board even more.

For the rest of dawn and night, fighting would stop and both sides brace for the inevitable in the coming morning.

At 8:47 May 27, the British fleet close in on Bismarck's location, Admiral Tovey as the one orchestrating the sinking of Bismarck, ordered for the fleet to encircle the Bismarck so it will split it's fire between multiple ships. Rodney was the first to engage in combat once more firing her guns, King George V following in shellfire. Bismarck was still incapacitated, however still returned fire with his guns directed at Rodney, straddling her. Not long after, Rodney shot at Bismarck with her guns and the shot connected with the German battleship's superstructure. The shot damaged the main gun control and almost decimated the high command with the impact and blast. The fire control station had also been destroyed so the alternate fire control station took over, however that too was destroyed with a third volley from Rodney.

By 9:30, all of Bismarck's guns fell silent.

The ocean rocks as the British fleet relentlessly fires against a behemoth of a battleship. The behemoth ship, the KMS Bismarck, had sunk the HMS Hood, another behemoth and the pride of the royal navy. By now, the fleet was well into winning over the Bismarck, having incapacitated his rudder, guns, and destroying the top command. All it was left was to strike the final string holding the beaten battleship together. The highest ranking member of the tattered ship finally orders for the ship to be riddled with scuttling charges. Soon, the order is recognized and the sailors set the bombs. No sound but the waving ocean after the guns had fired. A fiery boom sounds signalling the end of the KMS Bismarck.