08: The Disappointment Train

I walk out by myself, still trying to avoid everyone and anyone. I start to walk home. Sammi drives her nice G-Wagon right passed me as her friends throw their McDonald's sodas at me, drenching my hoodie. I take it off but my undershirt is soaked too. Of course. I sigh and continue walking. I turn down an alleyway which is a shortcut from the main road straight to home. I look behind me a couple times to see a Honda accord-looking car, I guess that's a little strange but, it doesn't raise any red flags. It's still a good distance behind me. After a good minute, its still behind me and I start to get nervous. It's staying at a pace to just barely stay right behind me. Is it Sammi's other friends coming to bully me some more? Or worse? I turn another corner, now full blown paranoid, and I start trying to call Caleb. No signal. 

"Hey.. Hey!" I turn to see some boys from school all getting out of the now parked car. I speed up practically sprinting down the alley. 

"Come on we just want to play!"

"Yeah princess, we saw you walking and just couldn't resist!"

"You even took off your hoodie for us, how considerate!" I take a wrong turn under all of the stress, leading me into a dead end. 

"Look, she's waiting for us!"

"Don't be shy, sweetheart- wait! Isn't that Emma Harte?"

"It is! Good eye! Wow, so the girl who ruined the biggest party of the year is in our grasp now. What are the odds!"

"Wait dude, wouldn't James murder us if he knew?"

"Not after what she did. He couldn't care less about her now."

"You're right, not to mention I've always dreamed about what she looked like under all those clothes."

"Your dreams are gonna come true, bro."

I panic. I look for any exit route. I then see a 7/11 store back door slightly cracked to my left. 

"So, you boys want a show?" I play along.

"What?"

"Shh, wait, I think she's into this! Go ahead babe, show us what you got."

"Of course, but I'll need both of you to cover your eyes first."

"Do you think we're dum-"

"Wait dude, I think this is hot. We should."

"Okay." They both shut their eyes and put their hands over them.

"Okay, good boys. Now, Wait for my cue." 

I then sneak into the cracked door. Right when I slip through, I look out to see if they're still following me. Then to my surprise, I see James show up. 

"Open your eyes, boys." James says as he starts beating the shit out of them. I manage to get through the convenience store and back on the main road. My heart feels like it'll beat out of my chest  as I sprint home. I rush into my room and stare up at my ceiling, playing what just happened over and over in my head. After about an hour, I hear James pull into the driveway. I peak my eyes through my curtains to get a look. i watch him get out, then wipe the dried blood from his knuckles off. 

He then walks to the front door. I hear him walk from the front door, to the living room, up the stairs, past my room, then into his room. 

I start ravaging through my notebooks and binders, and start writing. I start planning, and getting ideas from books, and my computer.

The dream team all sit in class while a test is in session. I pass a note to the two of them. 

"Meet at our spot. Got some important stuff to tell you guys ~ Em"