05: Are We Prepared?

The dream team are sprawled all around the kitchen working on their different products. 

What could Sammi possibly plant in James' head that he'd actually believe? Maybe she's just saying that to scare me. She's more evil than I could've thought. I don't think after the first time she lied that he'd believe anything that comes out of her mouth. But, could I be wrong?

"Ems, pass the wire! Come on! Are you in a trance?" Caleb yells to me as I'm in my own head. 

"What- oh! Sorry."

"You still thinking about what Sammi said? Don't let girls like that get to you. She literally doesn't know anything." Sophia reassures me.

"She's part of a sub group of the female species I like to call 'evil tramp'." 

"Uh, what Caleb said. Look, you can't really do much about mean girls at school. That's like, their whole shtick."

"Guys, seriously! I'm not taking anything she does to heart anymore. I know that's a waste of my energy and I win in the end anyways."

"Oh- ohh! Because James likes you and not her?" Sophia asks.

"I- I didn't necessarily say that.."

"But that's what we're all thinking!" Caleb says.

"I don't know. Just seems like I get the attention from him that she craves, it's kind of satisfying."

"Until she tells him that horrible thing she says he'll believe about you."

Caleb is always the realist.

"Yeah, that."

"She doesn't have anything Emma. She's 100% bluffing!" Sophia reassures me.
She might be, but I have no idea what she could plant in his head.

"Ems! Did you mean to wire that the wrong way? What's up with you and these trances?"

"Nothing! Just serious day dreaming!"

She does have one thing up her sleeve, and I'm worried about it.

The next morning, Caleb and I walk through the annual science fair writing down their favorite projects from other students. 

"Ems, Do you think maybe Cammi will be there?"

"Yeah, I think so, Oh god, don't tell me you like Sammi's best friend of ALL people."

"No, not that I like her she's just, super hot. And you have no room to talk, you're literally in love with my brother. I think I get some leeway here. I'm so excited, It's Friday night!"

"I guess you got me there. Yeah, i'm super excited!"

"Where's Soph? Wasn't she supposed to meet us?"

"Yeah, I texted and called and she said she'd be here soon, I guess in the mean time we can walk a little through here."

"Hey Ems! Look here.."

"What? Oh!"Caleb shoves a snake in my face from one of the science fair projects. 

"Oh! It's on!" I say and we both run through the fair trying to prank each other with differing projects. 

"Take this!" I point the soda volcano right at Caleb's face as it blows. He's now covered in baking soda and Coke.
"You're gonna regret that !" Caleb says while he runs and grabs juice from another project and throws it on me, I throw feathers, he throws feathers, etc. We're covered in all kinds of stuff. Sophia then walks into the room.

"Oh my god! I can't leave you guys alone for a second!" We all laugh. The bell rings.

"We should get cleaned up!" Caleb suggests.