Ch.14: New Morning.

Song: Dripeesha - Todrick ft. Tiffany.

Naoya extends his hand and opens his eyes once he doesn’t feel the warmth next to him. He sees that the woman has disappeared. Grabbing his phone, he looks at the time and notices that it was still early in the morning. Getting up from the bed, he starts to get ready for the day.

Walking towards the kitchen, he sees his Goddess preparing breakfast.

“I can hire someone to do this for you…” he rests on the kitchen counter next to her.

“They wouldn’t know how to prepare the breakfast for Tenma… besides, I’m not fond of someone getting into my house and roaming around my things”

He smiles and looks at her hands trembling a little, he would never thought that he would see her like this.

“Are you nervous?”

“Only a little anxious…” she looks at him from the corner of her eye “There’s coffee on the coffee pot, don’t expect me to prepare you breakfast”

He chuckles and shakes his head “I wasn’t…” he turns and starts looking for a cup.

“Very well…” she places the plate with Tenma’s breakfast on the table and takes a deep breath getting ready to wake up her brother.

But before she could walk to his room, his door slams open and a little kid jumps outside his room with a green blanket on over his body.

“A SEVEN FOOT FRAME” he raises the blanket showing the kitty on his shoulder “RATS ALONG HIS BACK—” he looks up to see his sister smiling at him and a suited man in the kitchen.

Covering his body and the kitty with the blanket, he runs next to his sister and hugs her leg.

“I’m a good kid, I promise, my sister loves me very much and she takes good care of me” he mutters out.

Naoya raises an eyebrow and looks at her before she sighs and kneels down next to him.

“Muffin, he isn’t from child protective services, don’t worry…”

“He isn’t?” he mutters looking at the man over her shoulder.

“No, he isn’t” she mutters back.

“Then what’s he doing in our house?”

She chuckles and shakes her head “I prepared your favorite, go get ready for kindergarten” she pats his back.

“Oki doki poki Colby” he rushes back to his room with the blanket over his head.

“Of course…” she chuckles under her breath and stands up walking towards the kitchen.

“Does he want cheese?” he looks at her and starts drinking his coffee.

“Nope, it’s an old habit of his…” she grabs her backpack and starts putting her books on it.

“Since when?” he chuckles lowly.

“… Since my mother was in the hospital and it was the two of us in the apartment… between my studies, the hospital and the babysitting… I was truly stressed out… then one day we were he said ‘Have a brie-lliant day…’ and I laugh… a lot so he started making them more often…” she smiles fondly at the memory.

“Oh… I never asked you about—”

“Dead” she closes her backpack “Don’t bother asking about them”

“Sorry”

“Don’t be…”

Tenma walks into the kitchen with the kitten on his head, he sits on the table and starts eating his breakfast and then looks back at the man in front of him.

“So… muffin” she sits next to him “A penny for your thoughts”

“CPS told me to tell them if there are random men coming into the house… does that apply in this house too? W-Will they take me away?” he looks up at her eyes.

“As long as I’m here, CPS won’t take you away from your sister…” Naoya reassures him.

“Really?” he looks at him with shiny eyes.

“OK, goodbye Mr. Zenin, have a nice day at work…” her right eye twitches.

Naoya chuckles and stands up leaving the cup on the sink.

“See you later” he salutes the little kid before he walks towards the door and exits the house.

“Did he mean it?” he looks at her sister.

“Finish your food” she kisses his cheek.

●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●

(Y/n) arrives at the kindergarten while holding Tenma’s hand, when she was given the chance to choose the house, she chose the one that was closer to his kindergarten.

“I think that Clifford would beat King Kong and Godzilla together”

She chuckles “They wouldn’t stand a chance…”

“I know, right!?” he smiles at her and then see his friends running towards them.

“How are you doing, sweetie?”

She turns to look at Ryo standing close to her.

“Hello darling” she hugs him “Where’s Muma?”

He hugs her back patting her back “She is needed to prepare a show in a theatre…” he takes a step back and looks at the kids “She asked me to take her kid to the kinder”

“Oh, neat…”

“So, how are you going with the new house?”

“The asshole told my brother that he would prevent the problems with CPS”

“Oh… and it’s a lie?”

“Probably not…” she drags her hand on her face “I know that he would keep on his word”

“That’s great, sweetie” he pulls her cheek “But, what about the sexy teacher that doesn’t take his eyes off you?” he mutters lowly.

“I’m trying to pretend that he isn’t looking at me…” she mutters back “It’s just that I didn’t talk to him since I moved…”

“Why not?”

“Because… I’m extremely busy all the time and I’m kind of going out with this asshole”

“But sweetie, you deserve at least five boyfriends and three girlfriends and being treated like a Goddess at the same time…”

“Only three?” she chuckles.

“I’m saying ‘at least’, you want more, you get more”

“Okay, okay…” she smiles and shakes her head “I’ll have it on mind”

“Fine then, just saying” she smirks as the kids enter into the building “Did you have breakfast?” he looks at her.

“Are you going to offer me vodka for breakfast?”

“You are not over twenty-one yet so, no hard drinks for you”

“Boo”

He chuckles “Let’s have normal breakfast for now and save the alcohol to another time, sweetie”

“Sure thing, darling”