Bon Jovi, Art Projects and D&D

Start from the beginning

"Oh yes, you wanted to be different."

"Take it as you want, Munson. I just wanted to try something else." I said without looking at him. "Please pass me that paintbrush. Not that one. Yes, that one."

Eddie glanced at the outdated project that lay on the table. He picked it up and looked closely. He looked at me and then back at the paper.

"Dude... this is really good. I see why you were pissed that I ruined it." He chuckled. "You're really talented."

"Thanks." I looked at him and smiled faintly. We were in silence for a bit. "Look, Eddie. I'm sorry if I was mean to you. I'm normally not like this. I swear. It's just that a lot has been going on lately and... the incident with my project was really the last straw."

"Don't worry about it, Sweetheart. It happens to the best of us. And again, I'm sorry I ruined your art piece." I let that 'Sweetheart' slide and smile wider at him. He glanced over at the table in the kitchen and saw Dustin's Dungeons and Dragons papers. He stood up, walked over there and grabbed them. I just gave him a confused look. "Wait. Are this yours?"

"They're Dustin's. He loves playing D&D."

"Nice! I'm guessing you play a too. I mean, no one who doesn't play calls it 'D&D'"

"I play a little. Dustin has been teaching me" I look back at my project and continue to work on it.

"How long have you been playing? Oh and, what class and level are you?"

"He's been teaching me for about six months. I'm a level three Bard." I say the last part almost too silent for him to listen. Being this low in the rank is shameful when you've been playing for that long.

"Then Dustin isn't a good teacher, because I don't think you're that stupid." He chuckled again. "Only if you feel comfortable with it, and let me, I could be your new teacher. I'm pretty good and could make you level ten like that." He snapped his fingers.

"I'll think about it." I replied as I caught his smile from the corner of my eye.

The front door swung open, and Dustin came into the house dragging his feet. He came into the living room and dropped on the couch exhausted.

"Tough day?" I asked him.

"Yeah. I hate high school." He replied. He looked confused at what I was doing. "Hey, didn't you finish that yesterday? Am I alternating universes or something?"

"No, you're in se same universe. I had to re-do my project. He ruined it." I tilted my head to where Eddie was standing. It was strange that Dustin noticed him only until now. However, he did look exhausted.

"Hey, man." Eddie walked over to the living room. Dustin stood up and they shook hands. "I was just helping Y/N fix her project."

"Cool. You're Eddie Munson, right? I've seen you around school. Wait... weren't you supposed to graduate already?" Dustin asked. I gave him a daggering look.

"Yeah. I was held back because I couldn't pass Spanish."

"Well, Y/N here is excellent in Spanish." Dustin said looking at me.

"Really? So, you're a great artist and a genius." Eddie replied in a mischievous tone. "Maybe you could be my salvation, Y/N."

"I- I guess I could give you a couple lessons." I said with a very faint smile.

"Hey, Y/N. I was heading over to Mike's. We're playing for a few hours. Do you want to come?" Dustin interrupted.

"I really need to finish this. Thanks though." I looked over at Eddie and smirked. "But you could take him. He says he's good."

Dustin's eyes widened as he glanced at Eddie. "You play D&D?"

"Level 15." He replied. "But I should really help Y/N fix her project. We should talk sometime though."

"Yeah. For sure, Dude." Dustin grabbed his papers from the kitchen and left the house.

"Nice kid you live with." Eddie sat next to me on the floor. His shoulder collided with mine. I glanced quickly at him and then returned to my work. He got closer and gently grabbed the hand that I was holding the paintbrush with. He moved it making a small paint stroke. "You missed this part of the logo."

"Thanks." I said quietly as he let go.

"Hey, how about we meet in the afternoons. You help me with Spanish and I'll help you with D&D."

That is how Eddie Munson, and I became friends.