26

Twenty five miles sounded like a lot, but apparently it wasn't a lot here in space, because within about a minute, the place they were looking for came into view. Wanda stood up and joined the other two in the cockpit, letting go of Stephen's hand which she'd forgotten she was holding, and Stephen followed afterwards, so all of them were lined up behind the pilot's chair.

As long as they were right, this was where she'd see Vis again. Where she may or may not be able to reunite with him, and maybe even bring him back-

It doesn't work like that. It never works out. Ever.

Wanda had to restrain herself from hitting her head as these words came back to her. Dammit. Stupid demon getting in her head again.

She hadn't really taken a proper look out at space yet, so now that she had the opportunity, she scanned the wide expanse of stars briefly, looking at the pretty patterns they made across the black sky, alongside random clouds of colour which dotted the sky too.

Wanda could honestly say she was blown away by the beauty of this galaxy. It was something like she'd seen on pictures – but so much more amazing. So this kind of thing did exist? If only the night sky on Earth was this beautiful.

This scenery is so gorgeous, why would you want to leave it for Earth? Wanda thought.

I guess I prefer mountain scenery, Loki replied telepathically, but she knew there was more to it than that. She didn't need to ask though.

"We sticking with the original plan?" Scott asked.

"Which original plan? We had about five," Stephen replied, he and his cloak looking at Scott. This cloak always did amuse her somewhat, even if it wasn't too fond of her.

"That one where we're transfers from hell? That sounded fun," Loki asked, and Scott sighed and rolled his eyes.

"No, we decided that one wouldn't work, remember?" Scott reminded him. "I mean that one where you're the guard and we're the tourists."

"OK, just don't say we're the tourists," Stephen said. "Then we'll be good to go."

"Sounds good to me," Loki said, shrugging. "I suppose now comes the age-old problem of where to park."

"Never fun," Scott sighed.

Wanda just smiled to herself until they found a place to park (weirdly on the underside of the Robot Heaven building, but then, gravity worked weirdly here in space) and set off to get going with their plan. She couldn't think of anyone else she'd rather go on such a risky adventure with.