5

For some reason, as they walked, the daylight cycle changed completely. The closer they got to what Stephen could only guess was the centre of the dome, the closer it got to daytime. Which was weird, but hey, this was Wanda's home, she could do what she wanted with it.

Eventually they made it to a small cabin among all the wildlife. It must have been mid-morning, judging by the sun's position now, or maybe it was just an illusion. He wasn't entirely sure – illusions were more Loki's forte. "This must be the place," Stephen said aloud, just to say something.

"Yeah, no shit, Sherlock," Loki replied, sarcastically.

Scott reached the door first, and hesitated a second, frowning. Turning to Stephen and Loki, he asked, "What if she's not home?"

"Where else would she be?" Stephen replied, crossing his arms. Loki tapped him on the shoulder but he didn't look at him. "Out grocery shopping? She wouldn't send a message if she wasn't going to be in." Loki tapped his shoulder a few more times.

"That's true, but..." Scott hummed. Stephen waited. "Well... what if she's... out," he finished lamely.

"Like where?" Stephen asked, and this time, Loki punched him with enough force to dislocate his shoulder if he wasn't protected by the cloak. "Ow!" he complained, wheeling around to face him, grabbing his shoulder as a sharp pain registered. "What was that f- Wanda?"

There she was.

Wanda.

She looked exactly how Stephen remembered her, her gingery hair the same length, if not a little bit longer than it had been five months ago, dressed, for some reason, in her full-on witch costume she'd briefly worn during the whole Mephisto situation. That was slightly confusing, since Stephen couldn't think what reason she'd be wearing that for as a casual outfit, but he looked past the detail.

Wanda blinked, as though not recognising them for a second, before her face split into a grin. "Wow... you guys actually came? You got my message?"

"We did, yes," Stephen confirmed, the infectious grin starting to take over him and Scott too. Only Loki didn't show any visible signs of happiness, but he must've been happy really.

"Well, um, thanks for coming," she thanked, sounding, unless he was imagining it, a little unsure. Maybe she just needed to regain her social skills again. She stepped up onto the small porch of the cabin alongside them, twiddling her thumbs awkwardly. "Oh, yeah, I should probably let you in."

Wanda unlocked the door for them, apologising about the mess, though Stephen couldn't see any mess, personally. It was a neat little pad she had here, what with the old retro TV and the old-fashioned armchairs. There was something from every decade in here. "I'll make tea," Wanda said, heading over to the mini kitchen in the corner. "You guys sit down. I'll be just a sec."

Honestly, they looked a strange sight. Scott in his Ant-Man suit and Loki in his Asgardian armour sitting side by side on the sofa, him in his wizard robes, and the cloak, which floated away from him to hover behind Loki and Scott on the sofa, and Wanda in her costume making tea out of an old teapot using her magic. But hey, this was just a normal day in the life of magic peeps. In Scott's words.

"So, Wanda," Loki started as Wanda handed out tea and sat down on the vacant armchair, "to what do we owe the pleasure?"