[Name] gasped at the sight of a black gate, inside were kids dressed in red unifroms. [Name] was out of breath, a sight to see just as they went inside. "Boy, You two are gonna get a nut for running away from me." Sherry stopped her scolding, her eyes widen at the sight.

"Is that...?"

"Kung Fu."

A large, I mean, massive area was in front of them. From one area to another, were lined up kids wearing red uniform and doing kicks and punches in sync. Everyone was quiet except for the grunts and yells from the students and a loud shout from the teacher. Dre and [Name] started to walk in slightly different directions to adore the site, it was a pleasant sight.

Dre ran towards a small building before peaking through the glass, inside were blackbelts, older kids wearing black uniforms. They did more complicated stunts compared to the kids wearing red uniforms, Dre pulled the handle with an excited look, "Move a little." [Name] whispered, pushing Dre a little to look what's inside.

"What do you learn here?" Asked the teacher, standing in the middle of the room.

"NO WEAKNESS! NO PAIN! NO MERCY!" Shouted the other students, [Name]'s eyes widen. Dre didn't understand so he kept a smile on his face. At such age, they were trained to do this?!

"WHAT DO YOU LEARN HERE?"

"NO WEAKNESS! NO PAIN! NO MERCY!"

"Begin!" The teacher yelled, they all bowed but someone caught their eyes. It was Cheng, [Name]'s face flushed once her eyes met his gaze, he gave a teasing smirk before giving a quick wink. Lots of thoughts ran through the girl's head, his sweaty figure didn't help. Dre noticed, his smile faded as the blackbelts started to do their moves, Cheng's eyes never leaving her's.

Dre pushed [Name] away from the door before walking away, As they walked back to the gate. Sherry was playing with the much younger kids, others played with her curly hair, others smiled and laughed.

(This scene was so cute. I can't--)

"Mom, Mom. Come on, Let's go." [Name] frowned at Dre's change of mood, "What? What?" Sherry sounded disappointed, "We just got here." Dre shook his head and shouted, "Come on, Mom!" Sherry bid her goodbyes before running after Dre. [Name] waved at the kids who waved back before following Sherry.

"Dre, what's going on?" Sherry asked, tilting her head at Dre. "Nothing!" Dre replied, his tone harsh and it clearly wasn't 'Nothing.' Sherry knew, so she asked, "Dre, what happened?" She asked. Dre's face made it clear that he wasn't okay, "Nothing!" Dre replied again.

"Something happened." Sherry said, her tone soft to see Dre so frustrated and angry. [Name] knew exactly why he was acting like this; Dre found the Kung Fu school and so that he can learn martial arts and defend himself from bullies only to know the bullies are learning Kung Fu, Blackbelts, Stronger than him, and definetly has a bigger figure than him.

"What? You don't like that Karate class, baby?" Dre disagreed, "It's not Karate, mom!" Everyone knows Kung fu is the supreme version of karate. Kung Fu is the highest, above-all, martial art.

"Okay, All right. Karate, Kung Fu, whatever. Dre, what happened?" Sherry asked, walking in front of Dre to make him stop walking out the conversation. [Name] rubbed her arm, not wanting to fight in front of many people.

"We moved to China!" Dre cried, finally giving in. "That's what happened!" Sherry was heartbroken, and so the walk back to the building was quiet. Sherry didn't want to upset Dre even more, so does [Name], they kept quiet. As soon as they went inside the blue gate, Sherry stopped both of them from walking away.

"Okay, stop." Sherry said, finally saying something to stop the awkward silence. "Don't be like that, Dre." Sherry said, her tone soft but they way she worded it out was an order. "What do you want me to do? We've been here less than a week. I feel like-"

"I feel like it's a year!" Dre cried, tears brimming in the corner of his eyes. Dre's words struck [Name] like lighting, her vision became blurry and before she knew it, she started crying. "I hate it here!" Dre shouted, Sherry's expression turned into worry, she never wanted to see her kids like this. "Dre, please let me help you." Sherry pleaded, "I can't help you if you don't tell me what's wrong, so please..."

"You don't care what's wrong!" Dre's brows slanted, his worried expression made [Name] turned away and wipe her nose with her wrist. "All you care about is 'How happy I am' and 'How great the ice cream is'! Well, I'm not happy!" Dre spread his arms, "So is [Name]!" Sherry turned to [Name] to see her also crying, "I hate it here!" Dre mentioned to the ground, the country.

Dre's eyes were now covered in tears, so is [Name]'s. Their expressions can be read like a book, it wasn't angry, it seems like it, but actually it's pain. The Parkers' first day ended being bullied, their first day in school. [Name] felt so confused, "I wanna go home!"

"Dre, we can't go home. Okay?" Sherry tried to explain, Dre wiped his tears away with his arm while [Name] kept her thoughts to herself. "There's nothing left for us in Detroit!"

"This is what we got!"

"This is home," Sherry said, walking closer to Dre. The boy shook his head, ignoring the fact that they can't do anything, "Okay?" Dre walked past [Name] and Sherry, leaving the older woman feeling guilty, ignored, in pain.

"It hurts." [Name] said.

Heyyy, sorry for the slow updates! I've been busy and I hope you guys can wait while I edit some chapters! Comment your thoughts and don't forget to vote!