Epilogue 2

A waltz music danced its way from our LP player, well accompanied by the sound of occasional shouts and camera snaps in the distance.

"What questions do you think they'll ask?" I mused, as we swayed to the music in our living room, Elliot's hand on the small of my back and another around my waist, and my hands resting on his shoulders.

"Probably something like 'Mr. Lockwood, what was your reason for choosing to donate the entirety of the Lockwood fortunes you've inherited to charity?'

"Or 'Mrs. Lockwood, what are your plans for your next movie?' I'm almost a journalist already," added Elliot with a roll of his eyes, chuckling. "Wow, they're at least meters away from here because of the gates, and we can still hear their voices."

"It's been three hours," I sighed. "They must be hungry. Do you think they might want some pizza? And what are you doing? I'm not liking that look on your face-"

Rolling up his sleeves, Elliot casually said, "I don't know about their pizza, but I think I might want to go into the pool with you."

"Wait, wait, Elliot Lockwood, I'm in my pajamas- you asshat-" I yelped, as with much ease, Elliot scooped me up in bridal-style and walked up the stairs, humming. "You are not going to drop me in the-"

Before I could finish, carrying me in his arms, without hesitation Elliot jumped right into our pool. 

The cool pool water enveloped our bodies, as we slowly sank below the surface.

Then, thrashing, I emerged from the surface, spitting water out of my mouth.

Coming up with a big grin on his face, Elliot laughed, still holding onto me in bridal style.

"Perfect weather for a swim."

It wasn't fair that he looked like he'd emerged from a men's cologne advertisement even with his hair wet. His soaked tee shirt accentuating his frame only added the effect. While I probably looked like a drowned rat.

"I actually bought proper swimwear for the first time because you keep dropping me in the pool when I'm in my loungewear, you know that?" I scoffed. "You're such a clown."

"Proper swimwear? You mean the ridiculous piece of black swimwear?"

"Why ridiculous? Isn't it pretty? Okay, it's not that ridiculous, Mr. Art Director. The design is not that bad. I'm going to change into proper swimwear, put me down right now Elliot Lockwood."

"Oh, no, you don't have to inconvenience yourself with the swimwear. Your loungewear is wet." Elliot's eyes glazed over my drenched wet clothes, and when his eyes returned to mine, he smiled innocently. "You can simply remove it."

I raised my eyebrows. "You dirty-"

"Here, let me help with your buttons-"

I barley freed my two hands from his grasp. "Tickle attack!"

His eyes widened, as he desperately tried to push me away. "Wait, wait, Clare- not fair!"