62: to be determined

The familiar terrace home overlooking a small lake, had been transformed into a wedding hall.

A thick red carpet was laid out on the white marble, and extra oak tables and chairs had been laid out, occupied by a handful of guests.

There were probably more decorations and more changes that had made to the interiors.

But Elliot couldn't take in any more details.

As soon as he had lifted his eyes up, he could only see Clare Horan in her wedding dress.

An off-the shoulder white dress that showed the gentle slope from her neck, shoulders down to her arms.

It accentuated her waist, and gracefully spilled down to her feet. Her raven-black hair was twisted into a low bun.

Her eyes, sometimes the color of the woods, and sometimes the color of emerald or jade- filled with tears as soon as they landed on him.

And by her side, was a handsome suited man with his arm linked through hers.

Elliot was aware there were some sounds in the background.

The wedding march being played on the piano, a male voice.

He tried hard to pay attention to what was being said, but all he could hear was the sound of his own heart, beating with the force of wanting to tear out of its ribcage.

And all he could see was Clare, walking up the red carpet, swallowing her tears.

A hundred times he'd sworn that he'd only show a smiling face this day.

He was good at smiling. Through talent and training, he'd been taught to put on a mask, to stifle, to suppress and to fabricate.

Yet, he knew he was failing.

The corners of his mouth were quivering, and his palms were clammy.

Underneath his suit, perspiration tickled down his back.

He didn't know how his face looked like, but he sure wasn't smiling.

"Mr. Lockwood?"

Starting, Elliot realized it wasn't the first time he'd been addressed.

Swallowing, he nodded, still a little dazed. "Yes."

Clamping his fingers together tightly, Elliot cleared his throat, and spoke, looking straight at Clare, who stood before him.

Her head slightly inclined, eyes on her face, a shy smile touched her mouth.

A few steps before her, was Ian Neil, quickly swiping at his eyes with the sleeve of his suit.

"I, Elliot Lockwood, take you, Clare Horan, to be my wedded wife. I will stay by your side through good and bad times, for richer or poorer, in sickness and in health."

Looking into her eyes, he felt something akin to warmth and heat, spreading through his body, inch by inch, slowly but surely.

He felt quite intoxicated, and wondered what that feeling was.

"And I, Clare Horan, take you, Elliot Lockwood, to be my wedded husband. I will stay by your side through good and bad times, for richer or poorer, in sickness and in health."

When Clare had finished her sentence, and when the most beautiful smile he'd ever seen lit up her face, Elliot realized what that feeling was.

It was happiness, the most whole, complete happiness that had engulfed him.

"Now it is my honor to declare you as married," Noah continued, stealing a glance at his script. "You may seal this declaration with a-"

Unable to contain himself any longer, Elliot kissed Clare, hearing her small chuckles of laughter, as, stretching on tiptoes, she wrapped her arms around his neck and pulled him closer.