Rose and Dimitri: Who's Marie?

“Damn Belikov are you just going to sit there or are you going to help this poor girl?” Adrian asked me and motioned to the red faced Rose. I got up and went to Rose.

“Rose,” I whispered to her. “My Roza,” I continued, but it wasn’t working. I placed a kiss on her sweet lips, but she yanked away.

“I want to die. Kill me now! Please you have to. It is the only way to save me.” She screamed. Everything went quiet.

“No Rose, we can get through it.” I told her, but she continued screaming. I grabbed her face and locked it between my hands. “This isn’t you. Rose, this isn’t you.” I repeated to her. Her eyes locked on mine at first they were angry and hateful, then they dimmed a little, and finally she went limp and her eyes closed. She passed out. Even after dinner she didn’t resurface. We all went back to court. I assured everyone that she would be safer with me and they didn’t fight that. Lissa just wanted to sleep and Christian, well being a guy sharing a bed with his attractive girlfriend wanted… you get the point. My family made me promise to see them tomorrow and I did. After everyone went their separate ways I took Rose to my place. Adrian’s brother had said she didn’t have to stay in the cell anymore, but she did have to have a guardian with her at all times.

I placed Rose on my bed and tried waking her. “Roza, please come back to me.” I whispered and kissed her lightly. After trying and failing for an hour or so I was starting to fall asleep. I tucked Rose in before going to shower and change and climb in bed as well.  I fell asleep.

Rose and I were lying on a beach together. Her in a bikini that made my heart do funny things and me in swim shorts. We were whispering sweet things in each other’s ear, but suddenly it came crashing down with a scream. “What’s wrong my baby?” I asked her, opening my eyes.

Rose looked at me. “You have to tell me something and you have to be honest,” I gulped. “Was I your first?” She asked simply and at first I didn’t understand what she was asking. “Dimitri, our time in the cabin, was I your first?” NO, she did not just ask that. What the hell am I going to say to her?

“What’s making you ask this? You’ve never doubted me before.” Stalling.

Rose looked at me. “Tasha told me that you two,” she cried. “Damn it. I thought you seemed a little too amazing. You weren’t nervous. I should have realized. Gosh, I feel so stupid.” She sobbed and crawled out of bed. She placed herself in the corner of the room and curled into a tight ball. “I had been so nervous, but I was so in love.” Why the hell did Tasha have to open her big mouth? “I want to hate you so much right now, but I can’t. I can’t handle the thought of you two. Haven’t I been through enough today?” She cried.

I slid off the bed and went to her. I was kneeling in front of her. “Rosemarie Hathaway!” I said angrily and she looked at me with wide eyes. I never used her whole name. “You are my love.”

“That doesn’t tell me anything.” She whispered. I couldn’t lie, but I didn’t want to tell her the truth. “How many others?” Rose asked me. My mind was screaming for me to answer her, but I didn’t. “Get away from me.” The door burst open and a very ticked off princess stood there.

“Move now Belikov!” She shouted and ran to her friend. For a girl in bunny slippers and a little nighty she sure was scary. “Rosie,” Lissa cried to her and I watched as Rose clung to her.

“If you’d let me explain,” I started.

“NO!” Lissa yelled.

“Please? She doesn’t know anything because she wouldn’t stop screaming. Lissa please?” I begged.

“There is too much darkness. I can’t get rid of it for her. I thought it would have gone away by now.” Lissa spoke. “Dimitri, it was too much this time. She can’t come back to the light side.”