☽ Why? ☾

Authors note: Anything in italics is her thoughts but can also be used to highlight important things. So pay attention 🤪

    I pick up my last bag from the floor and make my way to the car

    I pick up my last bag from the floor and make my way to the car. I see my mother and twin hugging goodbye for the tenth time. I roll my eyes and place my bag in the trunk. They act like they are never going to see each other again. I make my way to the back right seat in the car, behind the passenger seat. I slip in my Airpods and turn on my rock playlist while watching the scenery pass as we make our way to the airport.

    We arrive at the airport and I quickly grab my things. I nod my head at Phil and walk away without saying goodbye to Renée or waiting for Isabella. You see Isabella, Renée, and I don't get along. Renée always wanted a perfect daughter and I just never lived up to her perfect Isabella. As for Isabella, she hates me. For what reason? Who knows that girl is crazy. I get my bags checked and make my way to our gate, grabbing a iced coffee and a book. I don't see Isabella until after I've boarded the plane and found a seat. She looks over to me and sits down a couple rows in front of me. Thank god.

    I put my AirPods back in and listen to music while reading. My excitement to see my father is building and I can't wait to wrap my arms around him. I bounce my leg to calm my anticipation and try to read. Before I know it, we've landed. I grab my things and exit the plane. Then make my way towards baggage claim and grab my two bags off the rotator. I walk towards the front of the airport looking for my father. The only person I like honestly. I spot him with Isabella standing beside him awkwardly. I smile lightly and run towards him.

   Once I reach him, I shoot straight into his arms wrapping my arms around him tightly. "I missed you Lils." I breath in his cologne and woodsy smell. Home. "I missed you too dad." We both pull apart and shuffle our way outside to the cruiser. Since I'm the older twin, I get the front seat and Isabella has to sit in the back. Not that she minds. Dad and I catch up a bit on the way home. Mainly me listening to him talking about his buddies and the town gossip.

    We pull up to dads house and I quickly get my things while dad laughs at me. "Your room isn't going anywhere baby" he says with a smile. I shake my head then rush into the house and upstairs. I spot Isabella's room but continue up the second set of stairs to my room. I open the door and see that it's exactly as I left it. My room is more of a attic but I love it. There are three huge windows with a little reading nook on the right side and lots of pillows. On the left side is a desk blocking half of the window. The middle window still has sun catchers and sage hanging from it. There are also small glittery stars all over the windows from Leah and I. We got obsessed with them two summers ago when we were both 15. That's the last summer I stayed in Forks.

    I sigh and walk towards my bed. It's huge and has a new black bedspread with dark green vines all over it. It still has the black lace canopy hanging over it with a pure white dream catcher hanging in the middle. I place my bag on my bed and walk to the bathroom. The wall around my bathroom door is covered with books and a small sliding ladder sits in the left corner. I'm almost out of room. Opening the door, I veer to the left into the closet. My closet is full of overly bright clothes. Great. I thought I asked dad to throw these out. I start grabbing any item that isn't black, grey, or neutral colored and placing it in the very back of my closet. After I shove all of my bright clothes to the back, I realize I'm only left with a handful of clothing options. I need to go shopping for new clothes.