He took out his notebook and other stationeries and placed them on his desk. The teacher had written the topic and was scanning the classroom with her eyes as students were trying to put down on their notebooks, what was written on the board.

"Before we begin, can anyone here tell me what we discussed in our last class" the teacher asked still scanning the room.

The whole class went dead silent.

"Well??" She stressed. "Is there no one who remembers the topic we discussed here in our last class?" She asked again.

A hand came up in front, she turned her attention over to the person. "Yes?"

"We talked about Natural disasters, and the different disasters in our world."

"Good, and can another person tell us some of those disasters?" The teacher asked again.

This time a lot of hands came up. The teacher picked only one, a boy who stood up and mentioned them

"Earthquake, flood, volcano eruption, landslide hurricanes and tornados and a lot more" He finished and sat back down.

"That's nice, today we'll be talking about earthquake as one of the common natural disasters. Do anyone know at least one or two things about earthquakes?" the teacher asked walking through the rows of desks and seats

The class became silent again. Few hands came up and the teacher pointed to a girl.

She bravely stood up and replied " Earthquake is the sudden shaking of the ground or earth surface"

"You've tried but that isn't the full definition" the teacher said walking back to the board and the girl sat back down.

"As you've said it is the sudden shaking of the ground but let me give you a standard definition of what an earthquake is" she said and everyone got their notebooks to put something down

"An earthquake" she started "is any sudden shaking of the ground caused by the passage of seismic waves through Earth's rocks"

"Seismic waves are produced when some form of energy stored in Earth's crust is suddenly released, usually when masses of rock straining against one another suddenly fracture and 'slip.' Earthquakes occur most often along geologic faults, narrow zones where rock masses move in relation to one another."

When she was sure everybody had written down something she continued,

"Earthquakes can range in intensity, from those that are so weak that they cannot be felt, to those violent enough to propel objects and people into the air and wreak destruction across entire cities."

"The seismic activity of an area is the frequency, type, and size of earthquakes experienced over a particular time period. The seismicity at a particular location in the Earth is the average rate of seismic energy release per unit volume."

"Also note that the word tremor is also used for non-earthquake seismic rumbling."

The whole class was silent as students struggled to write all that they've heard. The teacher was about to continue when someone raised a hand and stood up.

It was the same girl who answered before. "But what are the causes of these earthquakes"

"We're getting to that" the teacher replied "Now, there are lots of factors that could cause or trigger an earthquake"

"Earth's major earthquakes occur mainly in belts coinciding with the margins of tectonic plates. This has long been apparent from early catalogs of felt earthquakes and is even more readily discernible in modern seismicity maps, which show instrumentally determined epicentres."

"The most important earthquake belt is the Circum-Pacific Belt, which affects many populated coastal regions around the Pacific Ocean-for example, those of New Zealand, New Guinea, Japan, the Aleutian Islands, Alaska, and the western coasts of North and South America."

"It is estimated that 80 percent of the energy presently released in earthquakes comes from those whose epicentres are in this belt. The seismic activity is by no means uniform throughout the belt, and there are a number of branches at various points. Because at many places the Circum-Pacific Belt is associated with volcanic activity, it has been popularly dubbed the "Pacific Ring of Fire.""

Jay was starting to feel a little lightheaded from all information, though it was helpful, it was just too much to store in

The teacher kept on explaining until her class finally ended. After that he went to his other classes which were boring as well.

He was in his last class for the day but couldn't take it anymore, he silently prayed for school to end.

Thankfully, his prayers were heard, the bell rang and the teacher gave out a sigh. Going back to her desk, she announced that there wasn't going to be any assignment today, which Jay found to be even more relieving.

The students packed their bags and filed out of the classroom. he went over to Nick's class but couldn't find him.

It was the same thing with Anna, he couldn't find her. He couldn't blame them, they all had friends but he didn't, he had always been the lone wolf, trying to do things by himself. Friendship was something he didn't feel like getting into after all he went through in the hands of his 'so called friends'-the only friends he had first made.

Remembering those sad moments pricked him, but he didn't care anymore, he was better off alone

Jay looked everywhere for his brother and sister but couldn't find them, so he gave up and headed home.

He got to the bus stop and boarded a bus. The bus was filled up with people and all seats were occupied so he walked to the back and stood.

Looking behind him, there was a girl in a black hoodie who looked back at him with an unsmiling face.

He turned forward and started humming a low tune to himself.

Some moments later, the bus stopped and the eager passengers started to get down. Josh felt a touch behind him and turned to see the girl in a hoodie standing.

"Excuse me... this is where I drop" the girl said

"Oh, I'm.. I'm sorry" Jay apologized while stepping aside.

She walked passed him and got down from the bus.

Jay felt a kind of pull towards the girl, not understand why, he shrugged over it and put his hands in his pockets then something struck him.
His wallet wasn't there anymore. He searched frantically for it but couldn't find it until he remembered the touch.

The girl in the black hoodie

"Shit" he muttered and rushed out of the bus giving the driver the little he had left.

He ran wildly searching for her in the sea of people roaming the street. At once, he spotted her and immediately went after her, he called and yelled for her to stop, but his calls fell on deaf ears as she hurried on.

🔶🔷🔶🔷