chapter two

All day at school, Peter was daydreaming and thinking about his lightning bug. His beautiful lightning bug. Being his best friend, Ned immediately noticed Peter’s behaviour and asked him multiple times about his inability to focus and seemingly never leaving, goofy smile. Hearing Ned asking again at lunch, MJ finally looks at Peter and immediately knows what’s going on. 

“Parker’s in love, Ned. Just look at the loser’s face, he’s got that whole lovesick puppy look going on.” She points out, making Peter blush and look at her in surprise. Ned eagerly asks who the lucky boy is with a face-splitting grin. 

Peter closes his eyes and takes a deep breath, steeling himself for the conversation. “Alright, fine, yes, I met somebody yesterday. His name is Jasper and he’s got gorgeous bright green eyes and fluffy brown curly hair, a beautiful slow raspy voice, and he’s so sweet and kind and funny.” He didn’t mean to say so much but just thinking about the boy caused him to get carried away. 

Knocking himself out of his daydream he looks up to see Ned with a beaming smile while MJ just looks mildly amused with an eyebrow raised. He clears his throat and they all continue eating their lunches. For the rest of the day Ned smiles ecstatically whenever he sees Peter, knowing that after everything he’s been through, he deserves this happiness. Of course, MJ was thinking the same thing, although she’d never admit it aloud. They were both happy for Peter and hoping this feeling lasts.