Understanding

"Ugh, I thought we were never gonna leave. Kal'tsit, why did it take so long, thought you got most of it done yesterday?" Apollo said as he dropped his head in his hands.

Currently the Rhodes Island team is heading back home from Ursus. Kal'tsit, Silence, and Dobermann were minding their own business, nothing out the ordinary for them.

"That should be enough." Apollo on the other hand was starting to feel the boredom set in as he rechecked his plan for the magecraft class. It felt weird for him to teach magecraft from the very beginning. Students back home were either already familiar with the basics of magecraft or their culture being a good avenue to explain things. "However, since I know nothing about this place, that won't work." Apollo rubbed his head. "I'll do the rest later."

Apollo pushed his handful of notes away, and walked towards the group he traveled with. Checking their surroundings, they saw a large empty field not too far from where Rhodes Island landship is located.

"Hey Kal'tsit correct me if I'm wrong but we can practice arts since no one or thing is here right?" Apollo asked with a smug smile.

"While I do feel concerned regarding that look on your face, you are correct. As long as it's nothing on the scale of a catastrophe, we'll be fine."

A sly smile started to form on his smile, he turned towards Ifrit.

"Little one, want to burn some stuff?"

The duo of Ifrit and Silence stared at Apollo's words. Silence with a dumbfounded expression as if she heard the dumbest thing ever said, while Ifrit on the other hand had a bright expression.

"You don't have to tell me twice." Ifirt got up and ran straight towards Apollo.

"Hold it." Silence palmed the top of Ifrit's head before she got far. "Absolutely not. I feel as if I don't need to explain why shooting out arts abilities is a terrible idea."

Apollo expression dampened. "I would understand on the way towards Ursus, but everything is set and done; you don't have to be a stick in the mud, " Apollo said as he pointed towards the child with his thumb.

"Exactly!" Ifrit said as she tried to maneuver out of Silence's grasp.

Silence could only sigh in disappointment, however there was another feeling creeping in.

"Fine. I'll allow it but stay within where I can see you." Silence stated.

"Yay!" Ifrit shouted in joy as she ran off.

Silence turned towards Apollo who had a joyful expression. Apollo walked towards Ifrit pulling something out of his chest. Out from it came another small sphere.

"Ifrit tried to hit this target dummy!" Apollo shouted as he threw the sphere a few feet ahead of where Ifrit was standing. Instead of the homunculus that he was known for, out came a simple test dummy. It was similar to a target you would see in a firing range.

"Where did that come from? Is that your art? It's kinda lame if you can only make test dummies that I can burn so easily." Ifrit announced with her chest out and nose pointed to the sky.

Before Apollo could respond, Ifirt pulled out her flamethrower and torched the target engulfed it in flames. Apollo saw the display of power as if an untamed hell fire was violating the target. A small tingle stroked his heart at the showing of power, he was brought back to the massacre of the traffickers from last night.

A small but noticeable euphoric feeling filled him, however as quickly as the euphoria came it left with it being replaced with guilt. "I shouldn't be thinking like that anymore. They would be disappointed in me." Apollo muttered so only himself could hear.