Change of Pace

The clanking of the train against the metal bars along with it echoing in the tunnel was uncomfortably loud to say the least.

"How do you people in the city deal with all this noise?" I asked.

"It's just how city life is. While it annoys you now give it some time you'll grow to enjoy it like myself." Regulator Xiao said.

I turned to Regulator Zuo for his response.

"I do not have a strong opinion regarding how loud something is up till a point." He said.

The three of us didn't speak for a while as we exited the tunnel to be greeted by the sun, I covered my eyes from the sudden attack of light.

"Welcome Lin to the city of Taimon. We will head straight for the department building and figure out something regarding you. It is not too far from the station but trust me the streets are very loud in the afternoon." Regulator Xiao said as the train reached our stop.

The walk to the station itself wasn't too bad. Just people walking to and from wherever they are needed, however I still felt headaches now and again. It was nothing too serious but enough for Xiao to notice and buy me a bottle of water. Upon reaching the department station with the words 'Ministry of Rites'.

"In here we will do a few tests on you and that spear of yours, don't worry it shouldn't be anything too crazy. Just to see if you are connected to Sui in any way." Regulator Xiao said.

"Understood." I said.

" You sound like Zuo already. Soldier response and everything." Regulator Xiao remarked.

"Let's get going. We don't have all day, Regulator Xiao." Zuo said as he walked into the building.

Regulator Xiao and I followed behind him.

"What and where would I be without him?" Regulator Xiao mumbled under his breath loud enough for me to hear.

The process to get me tested was quick. The Ministry of Rites and the Sui Regulator departments have bad blood between them.

"Just let Regulator Xiao do the talking for us. He's built a good relationship with the people here when it comes to business." Zuo explained to me.

Once the testing was over a doctor approached the three of us. In his hand were a few papers.

" Regulator Xiao, the test results have come back and I'm not sure if this is good or bad news. In regards to the spear we don't understand why but the spear seems normal for the most part. The most interesting fact about it is its high level of durability and unknown materials that created it. If the spear is related to Sui then perhaps what makes the spear special is hard for us mortals to uncover."

"That isn't too surprising, the Sui siblings' abilities are hard for even me to understand so I'm not upset. What about the child herself?" He asked.

The doctor grabbed another piece of paper. "Her body is abnormal. All of her physical abilities are beyond human. This is a guess on my part but if she trains properly then she could easily rise in ranks within the combat related departments." The doctor stated.

The expressions of the two regulators were noteworthy to say the least in my eyes. Zuo's eyes narrowed at the words while Regulator Xiao's eyes were wide, as if a god just graced him with his eternal wish.

Regulator Xiao could be seen to be deep in thought as he cupped his chin. "If that's the case then we should head out. I appreciate the test you provided us."

"Just business as usual. The child's spear will be handed back to you in the main lobby. Goodbye." The doctor said before leaving the three of us in the hall.