𝗯𝗼𝗻𝘂𝘀 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿:𝗳𝗮𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝘀 𝗱𝗮𝘆

Start from the beginning

"I got a better idea."

After about three hours Maverick stared at the tv with tears in his eyes. Star Wars:Revenge of the Sith played on the tv and it was at the part where Anakin was facing off against Obi Wan.

"I hate you!" Anakin yelled at Obi Wan. Layla had to admit, even when Anakin was on the verge of death he still managed to be cute. But his wife Padme was way hotter.

"You were my brother Anakin! I loved you!" Obi Wan yelled back with tears in his eyes. Layla turned her head towards Maverick who was sniffling and pretty much crying his eyes out. She then paused the tv and furrowed her brows.

"Dad, are you crying?"

"Of course I am! This is one of the most emotional moments in tv. Seeing someone you've cared for your entire life betray you like this really does play with your emotions. I mean, how would you feel if we hated each other years later and were fighting with each other?" Maverick asked seriously. Layla just sighed and shook her head.

"That won't ever happen to us. Because no matter what petty father and daughter argument we have we'll always be the best duo in the universe."

"Of course we will. Promise you won't join the dark side?"

Layla chuckled at her dads cheesy Star Wars joke before nodding. "Yeah. I promise."

*******
"Hey dad, can you come to the living room?" Layla called as she got the video set up. Maverick stepped out of his room and furrowed his brows when he noticed the grin on his daughters face.

"Whats got you so happy?"

"It's your annual Father's Day gift." Maverick chuckled and rubbed his forehead.

"You don't have to-"

"If you say I don't have to give you a gift one more time I will seriously consider punching you."

"And I will seriously consider grounding you. Alright babes, what's the gift this time?" Maverick sighed sitting down on the couch. Layla clapped her hands together and giggled.

"I know you work a lot and aren't able to see me as much. So I made you this so that whenever you miss me, or feel angry or sad, you can look at this video and feel happy again. So enjoy." Layla turned off the lights and played the video, and Mavericks shes widened once he saw the video play.

Flashback:
Layla was about one years old. She currently sat on the floor playing with her toys as her parents were attempting to cook dinner.

"It's messing hot sauce. Trust me." Maverick stated as he tasted the chicken Bianca cooked.

"Hot sauce? Are we trying to burn Laylas mouth?" Bianca replied laughing softly.

"I think hot sauce tastes great." Kailee commented. She was the one recording the video.

"Thank you! What do you think babes?" Maverick looked down at Layla who simply looked at him and blinked.

"Good answer. Now that we established that-" Maverick was cut off by a sight that warmed his heart. Layla slowly rose off the ground, starting to waddle towards Maverick who let out a laugh.

"Kai, you getting this?" Bianca asked laughing as well.

"Course I am." Kailee replied zooming in on Layla who laughed once Maverick lifted her up into his arms kissing all over her face.

"She walked B! She walked!" Maverick cheered.

"I know! I saw!" Bianca cheered back.

Flashback number 2:

"Daddy, why can't I stay with you?" Layla pouted as she stood in front of her new school. She was five at the time and it was her first day of kindergarten.

"Because you need an education and to go somewhere in life. Listen to me." Layla looked in mavericks eyes and he wiped her tears away.

"No matter how far apart we are, I'll always come back for you. You hear me? Always. Schools a walk in a park. And you're only here for half a day! Isn't that nice?"

Layla hesitated before slowly nodding and  wiping her tears away. Maverick hissed Laylas forehead before slowly walking off towards his car.

"I love you daddy!" Layla called waving her little arm high in the air. Maverick smiled and turned around before waving back and blowing a kiss.

Flashback number 3:
Twelve year old Layla stood in front of her birthday cake as all the lights in the house were shut off. Kailee, Matthew, and Dante all stood beside Maverick as he recorded the whole thing. After singing the birthday song Layla blew out all of her candles causing everyone to cheer for her.

"Happy birthday babes." Maverick said kissing his daughter on the cheek. Layla laughed and grabbed a piece of cake smearing it all over her dads face.

"Shit, me personally, I would never take that level of disrespect!" Matthew exclaimed throwing his hands up in the air. Maverick rolled his eyes and threw a piece of cake in Laylas face as well. Soon it turned into an entire cake war and Layla let out a laugh as half of her cake was smeared all over her face.

By the time the video was over Maverick let out a sob and wiped his eyes. Layla was crying as well, proud of what she created.

"You made this for me?" Maverick asked, tears still streaming down his face.

"Happy Father's Day." Layla replied laughing through her tears. Maverick then hugged his daughter so tight she thought that she was going to die.

"I love you." He whispered.

"I love you too dad."

Word count:1,452

this chapter is gonna play a huge part in season 5 so be ready to sob your eyes out.

im gonna miss layla and mavericks dynamic 😭😭