Chapter 8 | I'd Rather Hear The Truth

Chapter 8

I'd Rather Hear the Truth

LILY'S POV

Luke's mom's welcome to me was so warm it hurts. I loved her since the first millisecond she smiled at me and asked my name. She was so sweet and very hospitable. She even told me that she likes it more when Luke brings girl visitors in their house, that's why she got really excited when she heard from Luke that his girl laboratory partner will be sleeping over.

I think Mrs. Thompson and I suddenly became best friends the moment I mentioned that I was from Europe like them. Wow, I never thought Luke was an Irish. Now he can't brag me about going back to London, because the blonde guy himself wasn't from here either. If he tells me to go back to London one more time, I'd probably kick his arse so hard he'll found himself lying on the hard grounds of his hometown in Ireland. But I don't think he will still try to bully me after what I heard from his mom. Ah. Hallelujiah! Hail all gods of revenge, because I finally have a weapon to get back at him. If I wasn't mistaken - I know I wasn't, and am so sure of it - Luke has a crush on Eleanor since they we're kids. From what I heard, El used to go here at Thompson's residence, so it means that they're really close friends - probably like me and Brandon - and it all ended, I mean the super closeness, when El started her romantic relationship with Brandon. Maybe that is why they look like getting along so well. Brandon used to have a twenty minute rant about it and tells me how he can't stand Luke being so close to El, even though they're just friends.

"Please tell me you didn't hear anything mom said." Now that's an enough confirmation that Luke really did fancy El or maybe he still does.

I just grinned and sighed. He locked the door as though he's plotting an evil plan towards me if I'd say something he doesn't want to hear.

"What!" he said still worried and at the same time all blushy.

"Fine. I didn't hear anything"I chuckled, removing my hands from his tight grip. I saw his features release a bit of tension and finally breathe in air so he could still live. Nope, that's not the reaction I want to get from you jock, so here goes my sweet revenge. "I promise I didn't hear your mom say anything about Eleanor and your childhood crush and your feelings. I swear I never stitched up those information on my mind and came up with the conclusion that your childhood crush was Eleanor. I don't think you've never went out with anyone because it's only El, and El alone, whom your heart fancies" I said proudly, wiggling my brows as if I was teasing a little boy.

Luke's jaws dropped. "What the fudge! Were you some kind of a psychic or anything?" he said becoming all tensed again.

I crossed my arms above my chest. "Do you really get all blushy when you're nervous or embarrassed or anything?" I played around, plastering a mischievous grin on my face.

"SO... there is no way I'm getting myself out of this trouble, did I?" he walked closer to me, apparently talking less than a foot close to my face.

I grinned, loving his worried expression. I wished I had my phone in my hand right then so I could capture the look on his face, it was priceless. "You know, I never expected that a jock like you was a hopeless romantic"

"You're. not. Responding. Properly. To my questions. And who's hopeless romantic?" he said, using his low toned voice again. I tried to step back but I was unfortunately trapped on his bedroom wall.

Uh-oh.

He stepped closer to me almost leaning his face to mine, his aura becoming dark again - like what he did the last time when we we're on the lockers near the gym. But his sudden change of mood was something not good this time.