Chapter 7 | You'd sing To Me

Chapter 7

You'd Sing To Me

LILY'S POV

Lately I've been so down thinking about how things are going wrong between Brandon and Eleanor because of me. I need to have my own life, I mean some space. Something that would make my mind forget about Eleanor -- blaming me to be the reason of their misunderstandings. What's worse is that I am starting to get convinced that it was really my fault. Her face and her voice saying "show respect to our relationship" keeps on flashing back through my mind. Her words somehow hit me because I know to myself that I am secretly in love with her boyfriend – who happen to be my best friend. I know it is not right, but I couldn't just stay away from Brandon because... I need him. I need him as much as Eleanor needs him.

Probably, your Prince Charming...

Do you want me to kiss you?...

I'll fetch you after school...

See You Later Baby!...

WHAT THE FUDGE! I mentally slapped myself to erase that annoying jock's voice on my mind but it just couldn't! What's with him that I can't stop thinking about what happened yesterday, it kept on rewinding on my mind. Well though at least I had something else to think of rather than have Brandon all over my head all the time. But no, why does it have to be that jock. I know I prayed for something or someone that would drag me out of my feelings for Brandon but I didn't expect that a lazy, selfish, annoying jock like him would be the answer to my prayers. I hate to admit it but he somehow made me feel the normality that I am looking for. Maybe because he has no idea with my sickness.

"Li!"

"Ow Li!" I exclaimed, my heart almost jumped out of my shirt. "My goodness Brandon! I would've died! You scared me!" for some milliseconds I felt awkwardness with what I said. I would've died, I'm really dying so I shouldn't be saying those expressions. Weird.

"I'm sorry Li, you know me, knocking isn't just my habit" said Brandon as he collapsed on the couch near my bed and then reaching for my guitar leaning against the wall, he started strumming different basic chords. He occupies my room as if he was the king. Though, that's something normal for us. We actually consider each other's house like our own. That's how things work with all "best-friends" I guess.

I remained rubbing my chest whilst breathing deeply. "So, what brought you here?" I asked as if I didn't know the answer. Well, I know he's here to rant about how he misses Eleanor and how he wish he stayed with her on the last day and how he wish he kissed her and how Eleanor is not answering his calls and...Basically, just to hurt me...

"I just miss you..." okay, I didn't expect that. I mean, I totally totally didn't expect that so I remained staring at him with jaws dropped.

"Come.again?" I inquired even though I heard him clearly, as clear as how Romeo and Juliet loved each other. Why does he need to say things like that? Doesn't he know that I might instantly pass out because of too much happiness? Oh gosh, I can't breathe.

He just chuckled then shook his head as he puts his interest in singing along with his lame guitar skills, stopping at random situations whenever he forgets a chord. He can actually play guitar, it's just that I found myself more skilled than him that's why I consider his ability lame. Hehe.

But Brandon, you don't know much I miss those times that you'd sing to me, only to me. If only I told you that I loved you back before, then things would've been easier for us now. You would've waited for me, for our right time.

I grab the chance of fixing my other things while he is singing. I was smiling the whole time because his voice is so damn good – husky, high pitched, rock star's voice. Oh-em-ji! Stop it, youuu! I'm dying! For some moments I tried to steal a glance at him but then our eyes will meet then he will just smile at me. Doesn't he know I found it hard to breathe every time he does that? Doesn't he know I love how his eyes sparkle every time it looks into mine? Well, of course he doesn't and unfortunately, those smiles aren't JUST for me alone. Curse reality, it kept on ruining my life!