Bonus Chapter ~ Tough shit.

~Dream's POV~

I've spent the last six months giving her every opportunity to opt out of doing things her way. I'm glad it didn't. Y/n doesn't want a traditional wedding. Most girls spend years planning out their dream wedding. But alas, I managed to convince to keep things standard.

I didn't want her to regret her decision someday. She deserved a traditional wedding. The best wedding you could possibly imagine on the very beach I fell in love with her for a second time. I take a deep breath, not really understanding why I'm so jittery.

We didn't invite a lot of people. Yet I couldn't imagine how shot my nerved would be if we had more of an audience. My hands won't stop sweating, so I wipe them in my pants. She insisted for the tailors to sew me a new tux like I didn't have tons in my closet already.

It all seemed so surreal. Marrying the love of your life on a spot where you can watch the sand glow. But honestly, it wouldn't matter where we got married. I'd be just as excited and just as nervous. I'm usually so composed. But right now, all I think of is why she's taking so long.

"You seem nervous." No shit. Sapnap, my best man, nudges my arm, waiting for a response. "I'm not." I lie. I run a thumb across my jaw. I can feel myself sweating. He hums. He obviously knows I'm lying. "Can I tell you something?" He asks.

I look over to him. "How'd you propose to Y/n?" I'm assuming Y/n didn't tell him the whole story like what she's been doing with George for the last six months. "Are you planning to propose?" I couldn't help myself from asking. Sapnap would never ask such things without a reason.

"Maybe." He said dryly. I turn away. "Just marry them, Sapnap." If only it was that easy for a guy like him. "What if they don't like me?" I could hear him pout from where I faced away from him. I never saw Sapnap saying such things. "Tough shit." I chuckled. 

"If I'd ask Y/n to marry me, there was a higher risk she would have said no. So, guess what? I didn't fucking ask her." I heard him gasp. It's not like I did anything wrong, did I? I didn't force Y/n to marry me. 

In fact, it was her who got me fighting the urge to marry her right after I exiled her brother. I had been hiding that ring under my mattress the moment I knew Y/n would be mine in the end. And she is. She always was.

I don't realize it, but everyone starts to stand. Y/n walks in, smiling. As soon as I lay eyes on her, a wave of relief washes over me. I'm immediately calm. She has that effect on me. She looks like heaven. I laugh when I notice the dress she has on.

She's wearing a sparkly, white dress that I love to hate. If I could have hand-picked myself what she would wear on our wedding day, it would be exactly this. When she walks up to me, I wrap my arms around her, pick her up and spin her around.

When I plant her feet back on the floor, she whispers in my ear. "I asked the tailors to make my dress extra sparkly just for you." I try not to smile so hard. I grab her face and kiss her. Everyone else fades into the distance as we kiss but only for a second.

"Eh-hem." I look up and the officiant is standing in front of us with an unamused look on his face. "We haven't quite gotten to the kissing part yet." He says. I laugh and take Y/n's hand as we position ourselves in front of him.

When he begins to read the wedding sermon, Y/n touched her hand to me cheek and pulls my gaze towards her, away from the officiant. I used to never let her touch my face. I turn toward her and take her hands in mine and pull them up between us.

I'm pretty sure the officiant is still talking, and that we should probably be paying attention, but I can't think anything else right now I'd rather be paying attention to. It's not like we follow the rules anyway.

Friends or Enemies?            |Dream x Reader|जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें