Chapter 17 ~ You destroy me.

~Y/n's POV~

"Beautiful, isn't it?" He asks, but I'm speechless. I can see him look at me from the corner of my eye, but I can't stop staring. "Woah..." I say, silently, mesmerized by the gorgeous glows of water crashing against the sand.

"Bioluminescent sand." I look at him and look back at the beach which glows with every movement it senses. The waves, crashing against the sand, causing a blue like sparkle to appear, disappearing again, before another wave comes by.

I've heard about these in books, but I've never seen a beach like one in real life. It's even more beautiful than how I imagined it. I can see Dream walk across the sand, bare foot, as it glows beneath him with every step he takes.

"Touch it." He says. I feel the night breeze hit my face, my hair blowing against the wind and it's refreshing feels. I take off my armor and then my boots, walking in bare foot. And I smile, as I see it glow beneath me.

I take another step and there it is again, glowing a bright blue. "Look." I hear Dream say, from a distance and I see him standing by the water, looking down into it, I walk over next to him and I gasp again. I look at him with a joyous look on my face that I can't seem to contain.

"Glow squid." I say with a smile and look back at the glowing creatures. They glow just as much as the sand, swimming majestically in the water. I've seen them before, but I've never seen them in this kind of setting, living in water that practically glows.

And in that moment, I've never wanted to be a squid more in my life. A glowing one to be specific. I feel Dream's presence leave from next to me, as I turn around to see him walking away from the water, sitting on the ground.

"Do you come here often?" I ask, still stood in the same spot, watching the school of squid swim around in circles. "I do." He says. "But this is the first time I didn't come alone." I turn around to look at him, surprised.

He seems to be the only person to know about this place, but I guess I do too now. "Not even Gogy or Bandana Boy?" I ask. "What?" I immediately realized what I just said and throw a hand up to my mask.

"Who is Gogy and Bandana Boy?" He asks. I laugh and decide to tell him. "You know, the boy with a pair goggles on his head and the dude with a flame on his shirt." I explain, hoping he gets what I mean. "You mean George and Sapnap?" He questions.

"Yeah, Gogy and Bandana Boy." I say, chuckling a little. At least I know their names are George and Sapnap now. He chuckles and shakes his head. "No, not even Gogy and Bandana Boy." He said, which only made me feel special that only I was introduced to this place.

I follow and sit down next to him, watching the water move against the sand. It's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen, as I watch ripples of water follow behind each wave. Each wave that crashes against the shore, feels like the moment I first got here when I first saw it.

Magical would be the word I'd use to describe such moment. I try not to blink, scared that it would all disappear in a spilt of a second while my eyes are shut. So instead, I look up, now staring at the white full moon, also glowing above us.

If I could live here and wake up every morning to listen to the beautiful ocean sounds and wait until the evening to watch the water move, bringing with it the captivating glow squid, I would. I'd cherish every single second of it, as I am doing right now.

"Tell me something no one else knows." I hear Dream say from next to me and for a moment, I forgot he was even there. I'm confused as to what he had just said, but he seems to read my mind, as he speaks again.

"Tell me something about yourself no one else would know." He repeats. I bite my lip in an attempt to think of something to say. "Why?" I ask. I know I shouldn't be telling him anything about myself, but maybe if I'm smart with my answer he wouldn't have to know much.