Chapter 30 ~ By all means.

Don't play the song yet ;)

~Y/n's POV~

"Does this path look familiar to you?" He asks, walking hurriedly. I look down at our intertwined fingers, and then forward to where we are heading. "It does." It's been while since I've been to Dream's palace, but from the looks of where we're heading, I know where he's taking me.

His long legs stride across the grass, and I can barely keep up. He's holding my hand from in front of me, and it feels almost as if he's about to snap my wrist off. "Why are you in such a hurry?" I ask, silently chuckling, and out of breath. It gets hard to breathe in a mask sometimes.

Dream's probably used to it by now. I wonder how often he takes it off. "To make sure that I get to do this with you at least once." He says, but my mind is clouded and confused due to the lack of context. "This might be my only chance that I get to ever do this with you, and I'm taking it." I abruptly let go of his hand, and stop.

We're right outside the castle doors, and I want to know what I'm walking into before I go in what might be a pit of fire. What does he want with me? He turns around from where he is a few meters away from me, and walks back. "What's wrong?" He asks, and gently brings a hand up, gently caressing my face.

He traces my mask, trailing his hand up to my temple, and brushing a strand of hair behind my ear. I melt into his touch, and I've never wanted something to last forever like this before. Because just like that, it feels almost as if everything negative this world awaits has vanished.

I don't think of the ball. I don't think of Wilbur. I don't think of Schlatt. I don't think of my priorities. I don't think of Manburg. And most importantly, I don't think of the wedding. I gently close my eyes, blocking out the world, and he drags his fingertips down my arm, and intertwines his hand in mine.

The warmth on his hands don't feel like rays of the scorching hot sun, but they feel almost like a candle. Calming, warm and peaceful. Something most people wouldn't see in such man. But I do. And I think that's the only thing that matters right now. Him.

I slowly open my eyes, and his face has never been so close to mine. Or at least it feels like it. His tongue has been in my mouth, so I guess he's never been so close to me before with the lights on. The moon rather.

"Dream?" I say, softly in a hushed tone. Almost like a whisper. He hums, acknowledging me. "Can I tell you a secret?" I ask him, now grabbing his other hand, and pulling it in between us. "By all means." I snicker at his formality, and I can see a smile form from the way his mask is slightly up.

"If I were capable of loving someone..." I say, weakly and silently. "It would be you." His smile grows into a frown, and I'm afraid that maybe I might've hurt him again. But he just nods as if he's just accepting the fact that I can't love him the same way he does me without even knowing the reason why.

"You know, I probably won't ever get the chance to question why you can't ever love me, but I'm sure it's a good reason. And I don't want to fuck up your life even more than I already did, so let's just leave things as they are." He says, and I go speechless. Does he really think that?

I wanna question him, but before I can even say anything back he's already said multiple. "Can I tell you a secret?" And just like that I somehow had forgotten everything he's said before. "By all means." I say, impersonating his deep, velvety, smoot voice.

"Being with you makes me feel really, really overwhelmed." He whispers into my ear, and I let out a chuckle under my breath. "Is that meant to be a compliment?" I ask him, jokingly, raising an eyebrow up.