Chapter eleven

Connor

Two days gone.

The moon's wish party.

Seven days left before the blue moon.

Fifty steps left before the King's bedroom. It would take him two seconds to rip my head off my body.

The moment his helper Dorothy had told me the King demanded my presence, I knew he had found out about my plan.

It didn't take him a lot of time to know when something was going on.

I knocked sofly and opened the door. I wasn't surprised by the darkness that hanged on the room.

He was seated in his royal chair next to the big windows, his cigarette dancing in his hands. His had tilted to the right and his gold crown the only thing that shined in the room neglecting his blood red eyes. No big lights, just candles which created shadows in the walls but the room was as elegant as ever.

I bowed, “You demanded my presence, My Lord.”

Neither he didn't move from his chair, nor seemed like he had heard me. His head was still tilted to the side as if he was listening to something he only could hear. And I bet it was more interesting than my shaky voice, his power would intimidate any men who wanted to live.

“I believed in you Connor.” he said in a calm yet warning voice like he was trying bard to conceal his temper.

“I believed in you when no one else did but you continue to dissapoint me.” he said and I dipped my head in shame.

“Some things are better left the way they are. I've told you this before and I'm telling you for the last time.” he said.“I can tell you like this girl. Do you want her ruined because I ruin things Connor. You must know that least about me.”

“My Lord.....” I started when he suddenly interrupt me.

“Hold that thought. I think we have a visitor.” he said and looked around and his eyes stopped at a shadow. A shadow I could tell was of a woman, but there was no woman in the room which meant one thing dark magic.

“Azara, I didn't know that we had an appointment.” said the King in a rough hard voice.

“We didn't. But I was sent to deliver a message.” said Azara

“I didn't know you've turned into a messenger but that would be too low for someone like you.” he said

“You'll find it intresting that I've been sent by the Goddess of the Darkness herself.”she said it with so much confidence, I flinched at the name but the King didn't even change his posture.

“Won't your puppet excuse us?” she asked

“If you mean Connor. He'll stay.” said the King.

Even though I wasn't sure I would like to stay.

“Whatever you want, your lord.” she mocked. “I quote, A prophecy had been born—My fate had been written. I know where I will end. But your fate lies in my hands Theodore. You worship me and I grace you with wealth and prosperity like I did to your forefathers. Those seven girls are the enemies not me and If they live you'll die a very terrible death. Your soul and mine are bound to the darkness so let's not get greedy for light.” she said and disappeared into thin air.

The King took a drink on his glass, and gave me a dark look.

“Maybe after all your plan wasn't completely useless.” he said before I could think of what he meant Sibyl entered the room.

“Everyone awaits your presence My Lord.” she said with her head bowed.

I opened the door and bolded it for The King to exit while still confused. Six bodyguards were waiting outside even though I knew he wouldn't need them.