Chapter ten

Selena

A day passed in the palace. Everything here was different from where I came from. From how people here dressed, talked, ate. It was overwhelming.

Never lived a life of a princess before but here. The other girls were okay, they had deferent personalities something I could work with. Thank god they didn't want to make friends which would be pathetic.

We were all going to die, so making friends and acting like we cared about each other was out. I didn't even try to like them and as well as I didn't try to make them like me as well.

I just wanted to see Connor. Some familiar face, maybe I would feel better about Mark's betrayal. After all he was the one who warned me about him.

I remember Connor saying that there was a chance that we could be saved but I was tired to think about surviving what ever was planned for me, too tired to hope about escaping this hell of a place.

So I forced myself out of bed every morning, same make up session, expensive dresses. I missed mom, I missed working in the club, I missed playing games with Anita and here I felt so empty and lonely.

I could see them looking at me with pity. To be honest I felt numb, I holded on to my late mother's necklace it was the only thing that reminded me of home.

“Selena.” I heard a familiar voice as I was helping Rose in the library. Which I had to beg her for.

I turned to see Connor in jeans holding a book. I didn't think twice before I enveloped him in a hug. God knew how I missed how safe I felt when I was near him.

“Are you okay?” asked Connor when we disengaged from the hug.

“I'm not. This is so overwhelming. All of it.” I said letting tears out which I had been holding all along.

His hands cupped my face an he wiped the tears with his thumb.

“I will do everything to convince the King to let me try and save you.” he promised while I sobbed in his chest.

I hated it here. Everything, I missed home even though I had a feeling that after all this earth won't feel like home anymore.

“But you have to work with me Selena.” he said and I looked at him.

“The moons wish party will be in two days time. You'll have to try and convince the King that he'll be making a big mistake if he'd let you die.”

“What do you mean? You said the King would lose more than his life if the theory didn't work. No words would make him risk his life and the whole world.” I said

“That's why you'll do more than talking.” said Rosina and I turned to her, “You're smart Selena use your wish wisely.”

“You have family here Rose, why would you support the Idea?”

“I wouldn't like this to happen to any of my family. They'd better die than go through this shit.” she said and surprised me with her swearing.

“If you don't want to don't Selena. I'll come up with another idea.” said Connor

“But god knows it won't be as clean as this one.” said Rose

I thought about it for a second. I had nothing to lose if this plan didn't work I'll still die in the end so...

“I will do it.” I agreed and Rose grinned while Connor barely smiled.

________________________
Do you think the plan will work?