chapter seven

Mark

I sat in the salon drowning myself in alcohol as I waited for Miracle. When Anita came to confront me about what I did to Selena, I knew I was in trouble. She was going to protect her with everything she had which was something I didn't need.

Selena was my golden ticket to the Supernatural world. I needed to capture her before Connor did in oder to please the Vampire King, I didn't doubt the fact that Connor had already knew.

There were already a handful of supernatural's who knew about Selena. Even though Selena was like a daughter to me I needed to go to The Supernatural world and pay my dearest friend a visit.

I stared at the picture of Selena's mother, Selena wasn't a problem but her uncle was. When I first met Selena she was a total replica of her mother at first I despised her because of what her uncle, who I considered a friend in so many years betrayed me and killed my wife and thanks to Miracle who saved my baby girl Anita.

See, I couldn't raise Anita when I came to earth so I gave her to the orphanage while I struggled to make mylife better. Even after I found her I couldn't just tell her I was her father, I was too much of a coward back then.

I heard a meow and turned to find Miracle, a present from my dear wife. She had always hated Selena because of her uncle. I wasn't that kind of a person who hated people based on their parent's mistakes but when an opportunity came for me to go back to The Supernatural World I couldn't resist it.

I took a big gulp at the whiskey when the image of my wife lying dead on the bed flashed. Those are the demons that followed me from the supernatural world to earth.

It was better when I was working in the club but the fool Darren decided to mess things up.

His job was easy, just to kidnap Selena but he couldn't do it.

I didn't know when I fell asleep but I was woken with a loud banging of the door.

When I looked up Anita was standing near the door looking as furious as ever. She easily lost her temper something she got from her mother.

“I knew you would come,” I told her as I took another guy from the bottle.

“What are you playing at Mark?” she asked, “I might not remember anything about yesterday but I remember seeing your cat in my room.”

“Take a seat Anita. Trust me you'll need it.”

She looked at me, more like searching if she could trust me before she sat on a stool further from me.

“Do you want answers or your memory first?” I asked while she scoffed at me.

“Memory.” she said and I summoned Miracle

“Just look at her she won't hurt you.” I said when she looked at me with questioning eyes. They looked at each other for a moment before Miracle looked away.

“You cunning wizard! How could you?” shouted Anita after a moment,“You messed with my visions yesterday. I don't know who you are anymore.”

“Anita, I'm still the Mark you know. Give me time so I can explain myself.” I said but when she headed for the door ,I added. “I'm your father!”

She turned to face me, “What did you say?”

“I am your father.” I said this time more quietly

I hated myself when tears fell from her brown eyes. I was such an idiot, all these years she wanted a father figure and I couldn't give her that.

“Why?” She sobbed, “Why now?”

“I couldn't tell you all these years because I was afraid of being a shitty father. I was afraid to tell you the truth about how I came to earth because I thought you wouldn't believe me like no one ever did.”

She wiped her tears and looked me in the eye like she didn't cry in front of me.

“Try me.” she said and I took another gulp in the bottle.

“Your mother, Isabella. The most beautiful woman I ever saw was heavily pregnant with you at that time, when I found my best friend Zachary creating a phoenix. I knew he wasn't a great person and was mourning for his grandson's death but creating a phoenix was what you would call illegal. He asked for my help and I refused.

“That's when he threatened me, and told me I was going to regret it. Only the next morning to find my wife in the best next to me lying lifeless. To cut the story short I was death sentenced for a crime O didn't commit but thanks to Miracle he helped me escape and was able to save your life.”

By the time I was finished Anita wasn't next to the door but on the couch busy brushing Miracle's fur with her hand.

“What do you want from Selena?” she asked

“Besides that Zachary is her uncle, she's our ticket to the Supernatural world. The Vampire king want her and we're going to give him that.”

“Why would he want her?” she asked

“You don't want to know.” I warned her.

_____________________

Who else beside Selena hates Miracle?