Chapter one

The Seventh Moon

1996

Prologue

She could hear the roar of the thunder, as the lighting stroke trees. She ran holding her new born baby. Hiding her away from her world, from herself and the monster she had grew to become. There was nothing she or the King could do for her. The bleeding in her leg didn't do her any favour. Her feets scratched with the markings of thorns. She ran as if her life depended on it. Her eyes were filled with anger, worry, fear and something we can mistake for hope. The sound of feets following her became audible. An arrow hitted her other leg making her to lose her balance. She fell flat on the grass balancing her body with her free arm.

She did the first thing that came in her mind for defence. She screamed in pain, like the wind was waiting for her command. It blew with force, the fragile slim trees fell, but something caught her eyes. A car. It rolled from afar before it hanged on a tree and a woman fell five feets away from her.

She couldn't stop the tears that came from her face, which she didn't understand if they were from pain or relief. She made it. To the human world but as good as dead. She was losing so much blood when the woman regained consciousness.

“Take...her.” she said choking on her own blood. The human came running to her when she saw the baby in her arm, covered with a blanket.

“Oh my god”, the human whispered to herself. As she took a look on the wound in her leg, it was spreading all over her leg, her skin tearing with it.

She never had ever saw anything like that in her two decade of experience as a nurse.

“Take..her..away” she pleaded the humam wishing that she would get the message that there was nothing she could do for her.

Her arm released the grip on her baby. Revealing the tiny week old baby, with beautiful brown eyes, sucking her thumb. She looked so beautiful that she wanted to do as she was told.

When she took the tiny baby in her arm, It came to her like a punch in the gut. There it was— like a whisper to break the least confidence she had. She was a disgrace. What would her people say? The daughter of the King, holding a daughter of a slave.

Was this baby another chance for her to live? Thought the human, She still couldn't believe how she survived that. But she couldn't leave the woman here to die—That's who she was, from a young age she knew she was different. Even though her mother, The Queen had blamed it on her being selfless. She knew she was different if she were normal she would have ran away from the woman dressed like an angel. She knelt besides her and took her hand.

“We're going to survive this, okay.” said the human but she couldn't understand any of that she said. She was losing consciousness slowly.

“What's your name?” The human finally asked but she couldn't trust herself to tell her.

“Silent,” she said the name with pride. She was a Silent, and then there was blackness