chapter eight

Selena

I called Connor the next day to talk about our next meeting. I didn't know what he wanted from me, It made it even hard to make my decision when I knew he didn't money but I was desperate. Desperate for my mother's health.

Only god knew that I would do anthing for that woman even if it meant selling my soul to the devil though that thought made me shiver. When he said we could meet at Mc Donald's I was more than comfortable.

I showered and dressed to blend with the crowd.

I tried to be quiet as I went downstairs, didn't want Anita to find me, I wasn't ready for her questions luckily there was no Anita in the apartment. I locked the house before calling a cab.

Connor was already waiting for me in the restaurant looking uncomfortable as ever. I took my time to admire his well built body, he was not not small just right.

His long blonde hair fell freely on his face as he drove his hand through it. I couldn't help but wonder what was bothering him.

“Hey, what's up?” I asked him casually as I sat on the chair. When he saw me he quickly replaced his frown with his lazy boyish smile.

“Selena. In good mood today?I see no bad girl act threatening to cut my throat.” he teased

“Be careful of what you wish for Wales.” I said and scanned the menu, “Besides I have no reason to hate you if you explain why you stalk me.”

He sighed, “There's no better way to say this so I'll just say it.”

He said and looked at me to see my face for reassurance while I just nodded.

“I'm looking for the seventh moon,” he said but when he saw the confusion in my face, he continued.

“A girl with the mark of a royal cristal moon. They are seven in total and the six had already been found remain one. They come once in a century to fulfill their duty.”

“What kind of duty is that?” my voice came out throaty

“They are sacrificed before the moon as a thanksgiving to the Moon goddess, or so they say. If the king failed to do the thanksgiving in the blue moon he'd die a terrible death including the rest of the creatures in the supernatural world.” It flowed freely in his tounge like he practiced

“That's cruel even for the king!” I gasped

“It's not his fault.” he said,“He hates the sacrifice more than anything but it's necessary for survival.”

I scoffed, “So the moon's of whatever are taken against their word?”

“They have no choice,” he murmured.

“I don't understand is this a custom. Something that had been done all along or what?”

“Something like that but it can be changed.”

“Why haven't you done that already?”

“The stakes are to high, very high.

Firstly, no much information. Secondly, people who benefit from the sacrifice. Thirdly, A whole world in danger if it doesn't go as planned.”

When I said I would sell myself to the devil for my mother's health I didn't mean this.

I looked at Connor his handsome face suddenly looked disgusting. I should've knew he had something bad under his sleeve when he said he could help heal my mother.

Connor wasn't my friend, he went by orders which made him dangerous and the Vampire King wasn't someone you could mess with. But saving my mother was in my top list so I did what a girl got to do.