[26] New Year, New Me

^Deathbringer^ ~Last Chapter~

The only good thing about the dinner was the food. There was pork, eggs, sausages, etc etc. The bad things? Glory was there. Oh, and the rice was a bit too salty. Ohh, and Moon was thinking about running away. And Secretkeeper's boyfriend was also there, so yeah. His name is Fang. He has a cousin who has a son who has a friend named Icy, who was potentially Moon's fiancé.

But that was all yesterday.

Right now was me at the New Years dance, sitting in a chair like everyone else. Staring in disbelief, like everyone else (except for Tsunami, who was happily recording).

I know Secretkeeper was paying the school a lot to allow this, and I know that this was very wrong. But what can I do about this? I tried everything I could last night to cancel it, but as you can tell, I failed.

"Aren't you going to do something?"

That voice.

It made me jerk away in an instant.

Glory.

She had a tight, white dress that exposed her perfect hourglass figure. She had white gloves on and was holding a white purse. She looked so pretty and so formal at the same time, it made me almost drool. Her hair was in the perfect bun and one strand of curly hair slid down her face.

"Why do you care?" I instantly retorted.

"Don't be like that. Cute pout, though."

I tried to ignore her but she just got closer.

"Seriously, forgive me already. That happened months ago. You know I was just mad. Don't you miss me?"

Yes.

"No. Leave me alone."

The New Years dance was decorated with 12 huge tables that had a circular shape and a chandelier probably bought from the dollar store. The school surprisingly looked semi-good for the dance. The music had started and everyone was getting drinks when Kestrel angrily instructed everyone to take a seat and enjoy the drama for the next twenty minutes. Of course no one knew what was happening when Moon was dragged on stage, kicking and thrashing and trying to fight back. She seriously needs to go to the gym.

"Oh, come on. You know I didn't really mean anything I—"

"Is there a problem?" Greatness took my hand in hers and glared at Glory. I was half tempted to pull away, but being with her is slowly helping.

"Oh. She's here." Glory seemed annoyed.

"Of course I am," Greatness snapped. "We're on a date."

"You're dating Greatness?" Glory asked, looking like she was trying to look amused. "She's anything but great."

"She's certainly better than you," I said, but I know I didn't mean it. I looked on stage and saw Icy being shoved on stage as well, then Starflight. Based on the dinner last night, Icy did not want this to happen. He was so mad it was kind of funny. He kept throwing food and shouting curses... I could learn from him. Sadly, tantrums don't work every time.

"Maybe," Glory said. I was caught by surprise at her voice and turned to face her. "Maybe she is better than me. She treats you better, so maybe you're right."

"I—um--" Starflight said on stage. "Is this legal? I thought you had to be at least eighteen to marry—"

Gasps emerged from everywhere and everyone got into a fit of gossip. "Marry? This is a marriage? someone blurted. People all started talking at once, each voice topping another. I heard Moon groan in embarrassment, her huge bride gown almost tripping her.