He is selfish. Alam niyang may posibilidad na mabubuntis ako at ayaw niyang magkaanak ako sa iba. He wanted to own everything in me. Hanggang ngayon naman.

He knew he can break me to bits but he still did it.

He's been manipulating me emotionally and I am a fool falling for that.

Umasa ako sa kanya dahil pinaniwala ko ang sarili kong siya ang magpoprotekta sa akin at sa anak ko.

I am stupid for believing he can mend my broken heart when he was the one who broke it in the first place. I am stupid for believing I can fight the past if I let him protect me when he's the one who actually gave me the trauma.

I am..

I am plain stupid. A fool he played for.

He didn't sacrificed anything for me. He was selfish and he still is.

I let history repeat itself. The only difference is, I was willing to have sex with him. Hindi rin ako tumakas dahil siya ang mismong nagtaboy sa akin.

I was overwhelmed of all these realization that I started condemning my self.

I have to make a different future. I must. It will be "me" this time.

Well, 'us'.

Hinaplos ko ang sinapupunan at ngumiti. Nilalanghap ang panghapong hangin ng Bantayan Island na yumakap sa akin. Ang kahel na araw ay unti-unti nang nagtatago sa likod ng dagat.

*****

"What is it that you want?"

"Where is she? I thought she will be with you since she badly wants to hear more from me."

I gritted my teeth. This woman is getting on my nerves. Knowing that it was her who talked to Elaina made me mad already. But sending me a ridiculous message like putting a poison on her tea to kill my unborn child is in a different level of madness. Especially when the body guards confirmed that Elaina was not at home.

"Talk," I demanded.

"Well, before we go down to the real business I just want to apologize for breaking your door. You won't let me in willingly so I had to take a different measure," she apologized but her tone says otherwise.

She looked at me and smiled. But I know a thing more than just her smile. She's not an angel like how she appears to be. She can't fool me. She reeks of death and danger. I almost even taste it in the air because of her presence. Her smile wants me to vomit.

She's too pretentious that I want her blood in my hands this instant.

She laughed. "I know that look. But before you do that let's deal with what is in tha plate already. Let's take it slow. Don't you agree?"

I read between the lines. She meant something else especially with the 'take it slow'.

"What do you want? Too desperate for my help that you used an innocent child just to summon me back here?"

I sipped my wine and sat on the couch. Making myself comfortable. I haven't sleep that much for almost a month.

"You're too full of yourself, young man. I don't need your help."

"Then what? You need money? Power perhaps?"

She smiled menacingly but I was not even fazed by it. I crossed my legs. Spread my hands at the backrest and raised my eyebrows at her.

"I don't like the cut of your tongue."

"I don't like you either," I answered calmly.

She closed her eyes for a brief moment and take in a deep breath. That made me smile. Short-tempered isn't she?