Chapter 43

I parked the car soon as I arrived at the café— chest still heavy from the encounter.

Pagkatapos kong patayin ang makina ng sasakyan ay agad na akong lumabas. I want this done as early as possible.

Pabagsak kong isinara ang pinto ng kotse. Hoping that somehow, the force can help release the tension within my system but sadly, it didn't help me at all.

I scanned the glass wall of the café as I walk nearer, looking for that woman. Ngunit hindi ko ito nakita. I don't know her face but I am sure my instincts would tell me right away if it is her. I am sure of that.

"Good afternoon ma'am! A section for book reading,chitchat or maybe somewhere you would just like to relax?"

A woman greeted me as I entered. Her jet black short hair complemented her small frame. Her thin lips was painted with a light shade of pink. Her eyelashes are free from mascara. Her soft angled eyebrows are naturally black and not that thick. Just enough to highlight her almond eyes.

Simply looking at her reminded me of someone. But that someone is rough. Totally opposite of this woman standing in front of me. But there is a resemblance. I just can't point out who's that someone she is reminding me of.

I smiled. "The latter is inviting but actually,I am meeting with someone."

"Too bad. Name please?"

"Elaina. Elaina Villariguez."

"Can you wait for few minutes, ma'am? I will confirm if there's a reservation with your name on it."

"Sure. No problem."

Ngumiti ulit ito ng malapad bago umalis at pumunta sa counter. Ako naman ay gumilid ng kaonti para makadaan ang mga papasok.

Her smile made my mood less heavier.Well, there is always magic from someone's positive energy.

Looking around, everyone seems having a good time. Habang pinagmamasdan sila ay parang ang gaan ng lahat. Their smiles and the serenity plastered on each of their faces was fantastic.

Maybe it is the mood this café gives to everyone. Ang kalimutan ang lahat ng problemang dinadala ng bawat isa. Sa segundong umapak ang sino man sa pintuan ay kailangan iwanan sa labas ang ano mang negatibong dinadala.

I sighed.

Thinking—what kind of problem are they dealing outside this café? Is it heavier than mine or is it a lot more easier?

Ipinilig ko ang ulo. Weighing a problem is unnecessary. Everyone deals with what they are dealing. An inner battle no one would understand better than the bearer.

After 3 minutes, she's back.

"Business section! This way please," she chirpped, not losing that bright smile.

I smiled widely too. Tuluyan nang nahawa sa magaan niyang personalidad.

Sumunod ako nang magsimula itong maglakad patungo sa pamilyar na direksyon.

Expensive paintings hang on the wall and all I can hear was silence as we walk pass the hallway. Habang papalayo sa mismong tanggapan ng café ay humihina ang kanilang mga boses. Hindi naman malakas ang kanilang mga boses habang nag-uusap. Sadyang mas tahimik lang sa bandang ito ng café dahil walang katao-tao at medyo malayo sa mismong tanggapan.

This side screams a vibe of "serious matter, do not mess up".

I can hear the woman's high heeled shoes click-clack down the hallway too. Something that makes me wonder since she don't look heavy at all. What kind of weight was she giving to her foot wear?