Part - 4 Monu and I aren't in puppy love

Hey guys, Thank you for your votes and comments...
Continuing from last one....

In his meany weany words and scolds, I found joy, happiness and peace, And that's why we are childhood sweethearts "

As Karan wished, he finally left the childish place that was the kindergarten. Yet he discovered...the kids in the first grade were the exact same to him.

As he grew older, the knowledge he had continued to accumulate. Karan felt very helpless about this. Thankfully, the only thing he was happy about was that his family's Monu was still here.

Karan was tall for his age, and the teacher had arranged for him to sit towards the back. This meant that he would have to be separated from Monami. Karan didn't want to, and he grabbed Monami's hand, refusing to let go. He wanted to play the same tactic he used in kindergarten. But the teacher didn't agree, and in the end, the two sat four rows apart.

When Monami entered an unfamiliar environment, she was not as open or enthusiastic as the other kids in making new friends. She felt a little uncomfortable and nervous. During class, she would often turn around, and after class ended, she would immediately run to where Karan sat.

Although Karan was upset that they could not sit together, he would also not purposely scare Monami. Instead, he patiently coaxed her, "Darr mat, main hoon na, main tujhe piche se protect karunga.." She trusted Karan a lot and slowly adjusted to the new class.

Most of the students in the class were unfamiliar with each other. When they played games, they would often find those who were perky or pretty.

"Karan, let's play hide and seek!" A girl with a short haircut ran over, enthusiastically inviting him.

Karan calmly flipped a page in his workbook, immediately refusing, "Not playing." He didn't want to play such a childish game!

But the short- haired girl instantly turned around and invited Monami, "Monu, let's play hide and seek!"

The kids in the colony were unwilling to play with her, and now that there was someone who invited her, she was naturally very happy. She ran over to Karan, pulling his sleeve.

Karan put his book down, "What's up?"

"Karu, chal na... Hide and seek khelte hai..."

Karan glanced over at the short-haired girl and instantly realised the reason, "tu Jaa..." He knew that Monami wanted to play with everyone.

Monami and her friends went to the little field, though Karan didn't join in.

After recess was about to end, the short-haired girl along with some other kids happily returned back to the classroom. Their laughter caught Karan's attention.

He glanced at the classroom doorway. Monami was not in the group. Karan immediately put down his workbook and rushed over, "Where's Monu?"

With his question, everyone looked left and right, finally realizing that they were missing a person.

"Don't, don't know..." A timid voice drifted out from the group, and Karan's expression instantly changed.

He couldn't find Monami in the field no matter what. His body was covered in a layer of sweat as he panted and ran towards the teacher's office, only to find the little girl he was searching for was sitting here??

The little girl was sitting on the cool sofa in the office. A thin blanket was wrapped around her. Her black and glassy eyes turned as she quietly sat there.