The Winds Truth | 6

You sat on the opposite side of Venti, the Bard, who attempted to play his lyre with the disapproving grunts of Diluc

Whilst the Knights of Favonious and the Traveler tried to piece together a solid plan to keep you safe, Diluc was playing watch duty (though you had repeated you were capable of protecting yourself multiple times) and Venti had somehow found out about the situation and insisted on keeping you both entertained and cared for.

You weren't quite sure how exactly the Bard was going to care for you though, considering he was drunk near 24/7 or disappearing somewhere. He didn't seem the type to be able to...protect, but you knew you had Diluc keeping you in his eyesight at all times now, so there was that. Diluc had been kind and reassured you he knew you could protect yourself, but he felt the need to keep you safe just as the others felt and you just had to say yes to him or he'd do it anyway.

You had laughed reluctantly and said 'fine.'

You turned to look at the Bard, a light-hearted tone to your voice, "how exactly do you intend to keep me safe, as you are a drunkard?"

"Just because I drink, it doesn't make me a drunkard!" He yelled, his eyes swirling with humour. "You should trust me, I'm capable."

"As capable as I am?" You narrowed your eyes, letting your cryo energy flow, sending a chill towards the Bard in a playful manner, letting it fill his bones.

"Yes." You were surprised at his next actions as he mimicked you, summoning his own anemo energy, sending drifts of wind through your hair.

If he was just a drunkard, his vision seemed pointless. You couldn't think what he might have used his vision for even at a time he wasn't drunk, all you ever saw him do was play his lyre and drink. Perhaps he used his vision to extend the distance his voice drifted to, using the winds he played with as he just did with your hair.

"Hmmm." You looked at the empty glass in front of him.

You suddenly began to feel very warm, a heat coursing through your whole being. It seemed Venti began to feel the same as he adjusted himself uncomfortably. The heat felt familiar, the same as the hug you shared with Diluc. You cast your eyes over to the bar, seeing the man in your thoughts. His eyes were narrowed on the both of you, deep fire burning in his eyes. He was the cause of the warmth within you.

He must have felt the battle of energies, hence displaying his own power. A silent but sure way to show he too would be capable, but you had already seen his capabilities when he displayed them the other night.

You felt the warmth ease, your usual coolness taking back over.

You looked back to Venti, admitting, "ill try to trust you, but it's kind of hard when you're already five Dandelion Wines in--"

The Bard's eyes snapped to yours, his green eyes changing a shade you'd never seen as if wiping the drunkenness from his eyes. "I am serious," the Bard murmured. Though his eyes changed back to a soft look, not quite happy but full of reassurance. "I will prove it, I will show that I'm not just a simple Bard."