Lilith screams and slams the window in Hooty's face.

...

Eda constructs something outside.

"Even though Eda gets frustrated, she's found new ways to make up for her lost powers."

"Check it, Luz! A new hunting weapon. I will call her the Stab-Catcher."

"Without the portal, Eda has no human garbage to sell. So, we've resorted to working odd jobs to keep food on the table."

"Hey, King, did you know that apple is a hat?" Eda aims her invention.

"Really?" King puts an apple on his head, not knowing that he was standing in front of a target.

"I got him!" Cerise rushes in to get King out of harm's way.

"This week, we're bounty hunters. Next week we could be anything."

...

"So, Mom, please don't be scared. I'm growing more and more every day, and I'm gonna do my best to become a full-fledged witch, and get home to you safe and sound. Te quiero, Mama. Te lo prometo, regresaré a casa pronto." she stops the recording and sends it to her mother, not having an signal to send it.

"Luz!" Eda calls as Luz looks out the window to see her, Lilith, and Cerise waiting outside, "Time to bring these bad boys to market!"

"Let's make this more fun!" Cerise twirls a spell circle, summoning a vine that acts like a fireman's pole.

Luz gasps excitedly and slides down, "Weeee!"

Lilith pats feathers off herself, grunting, "Eda, do you own anything that isn't covered in feathers?"

"I had to deal with a curse for 30 years, so I think you can handle a few feathers."

...

In Bonesborough, a statue of Emperor Belos has been placed as Emperor's Coven guards are everywhere.

"Wow, the Emperor is really taking over." Luz comments.

"I see it too, Luz. And I'm trying to stay civil." Eda kicks a demon that was decked out in Emperor's Coven apparel.

"Uh huh." Cerise smirks, "Emphasis on civil."

Eda places the bag of captured demons on a scale, her, Cerise, and Luz waiting as the shopkeeper reads the scale.

"Tsk. Your payment." the shopkeeper pulls out...

"A single snail? Are you kidding me?" Eda asks with an angry expression.

The shopkeeper laughs, "Oh, I'm sorry, I wasn't done yet." he snaps the snail in half.

"You can't do this to me. Do you know who I am?" Eda asks, gaining attention from the townspeople.

"Yeah, you're Eda the Owl Lady. What are you gonna do? We all know you're powerless now."

Eda growls and goes to intervene, but...