Sense and Insensitivity

King holds up a tray of mostly inedible human things, "Partake of my free snack samples! Take them! I demand it as your ruler, the King of Demons!" several people pass, but none even look at him. He throws the tray to the ground in frustration, "Nyeh! Why isn't anyone paying attention to me? I'm their rightful overlord. Intellectually and such."

"Yeah...hey!" Eda takes off the sunglasses her was wearing and grabs a passerby by the cowl, sniffing them, "It reeks more of nerd than money today."

"Guys!" Luz exclaims as she slams her hands down on the table, Eda letting go of the passerby, "You will not believe what's going on!" she poses under a banner.

Cerise points up to the banner, "It's a book fair. In Luz's words, "Where books come to life!"."

A book jumps off one of the stands near the two, "Hello."

Luz screams and kicks it, grabbing onto Cerise.

"A fair without rides?" King asks as Eda raised an eyebrow.

"Who needs rides when this can take you anywhere?" a boy shoves a book in his face.

"Nyeh." King throws a strip of bacon on the boy's head, a winged demon flying by and picking him up as the boy screams.

"A, ew." Eda throws a book on the ground, "B, I'm bored. C, I feel like pickpocketing some dork while they browse." she walks off.

"No, wait!" Luz tries to call out to her.

"I'll go after her. You and King have fun!" Cerise ruffles Luz's hair as she follows after the Owl Lady.

"Will you give it a chance? I'll let you ride in my hoodie."

"Ooohoohoohoo!"

...

The two walk through the book fair, King in Luz's hood.

"This book fair's got everything! A zine-making workshop, meet and greets, and-what's that?" Luz asks.

Luz gasps in excitement, "A writing competition?! I've always wanted to be a writer!"

"Writer? What?" King asks, "I thought you wanted to be a witch?"

"Of course I wanna be a witch. But where I'm from that's kinda...impossible. So my runner up dream was to be a writer." Luz pulls a picture out of her pocket, "I've had this about the author picture since I was seven years old. I know my good angle. I'm gonna enter the competition."

Bo laughs as she runs by.

"Ugh! What are these basement dwellers doing out in natural sunlight?" King asks.

"Um! We're in line for Jon De Plume, most famous writer on the Boiling Isles, famed author of the Realm Warriors series! I'm gonna have him read my story...and marry me." Tinella Nosa spoke the last bit to herself.

Jon signs a book.

"Jon, will you sign my child?" someone asks.

"I'll sign anything!" Jon laughs evil-like.

"Such power. Such command he holds over his minions. I must have the same! Luz the human! I too shall enter the competition!"

"Really?" Luz gasps as an idea forms, "We could work together! It'll be perfect! We're best friends, so we'll make the best team!"

"Team! Yes!" King cheers, "My name goes first on the cover."

...

Eda grabs a book and tosses it, "Boring." she knocks books onto a child's head, "Boring." she grabs another book, "Boring." she gasps as she looks into the mirror that was on the cover, "Another wrinkle! The curse is quickening!"